1st Timer to Hurtigruten

Daniel,

Thank you for being a part of this forum. My husband and I are planning a Southbound cruise for October of 2020; when will the departure schedules for this time of year be made available?

I believe this may have been addressed in another question; it would be very helpful to see the bed configurations in the cabins; sofa bed/single bed vs. double bed.

For us new to Hurtigruten,could you briefly describe a typical day aboard one of your ships; are there announcements made regarding approaching ports/landmarks/wildlife sightings? Are announcments made during Northern Lights sightings? How does your company select its excursions?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not Daniel but perhaps I can help a bit with some of your questions: The Hurtigruten site gives quite a lot of information on the different ships they use They are quite different in size and comfort - 5 of them have been recently renovated - and the categories of cabins: Polar Outside cabins for example are the cheapest with a window but usually very small with two single beds. Arctic Superior cabins mostly are on higher decks and of course more expensive, the ones with a "D", for example XTD have a double bed. On round trips you'll get a coffee maker etc. in that type of cabin, too. The biggest cabins are expedition suites, a very few (except on the newest expedition ships) have balconies. You can always call Hurtigruten or write an e-mail they can offer you advice on the bed configuration.

As you are NOT on a cruise ship the most announcements will be made for arrivals, special landmarks and of course, Northern lights.

@Travel2?, first of all, I’m delighted you’ll be joining us! Our hope is to have our fall 2020 schedule ready later this spring. Regarding a day-in-the-life, our website and brochure do a bang-up job in describing what to expect every day of the voyage, what you will see and what excursions you can participate in. We offer a variety of excursions that will help you get closer to Norway’s people, nature, culture, and wildlife; there's truly something available for every activity level. And yes, we absolutely announce Northern Lights sightings on board; we are not afraid to wake you up for those! @grayjay, thanks for your speedy response, as well, and another thanks to @Colo Cruiser; I may be delayed but I'm doing my best to get to everyone's questions 🙂

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Daniel Skjeldam said:

@Travel2?, first of all, I’m delighted you’ll be joining us! Our hope is to have our fall 2020 schedule ready later this spring. Regarding a day-in-the-life, our website and brochure do a bang-up job in describing what to expect every day of the voyage, what you will see and what excursions you can participate in. We offer a variety of excursions that will help you get closer to Norway’s people, nature, culture, and wildlife; there's truly something available for every activity level. And yes, we absolutely announce Northern Lights sightings on board; we are not afraid to wake you up for those! @grayjay, thanks for your speedy response, as well, and another thanks to @Colo Cruiser; I may be delayed but I'm doing my best to get to everyone's questions 🙂

Thank you! Looking forward to sailing on Hurtigruten!

• Like 1