Back-to-back cruises, changing over in Auckland

I posted this on the Australia & New Zealand ports of call board, but got no replies, so I wondered if anyone on here can help?

We are shortly to embark on back-to-back Celebrity cruises, first from Perth to Auckland, then Auckland round trip to some of the Pacific islands.

Is there anyone who is familiar with the process on the changeover day in Auckland, as we are hoping to meet up for the day with some friends who live there?  The ship apparently docks at Princess Wharf, and we are trying to work out what time we might be off the ship, what procedures we might have to go through, where we should meet up and anything else useful.  Our port prior to Auckland is also in New Zealand, so presumably any immigration requirements (we are from the UK) should have already been taken care of?

Any help or suggestions gratefully received.  Thanks.

I can't say for certain as I've only done Auckland to Sydney on Celebrity but I would expect any immigration issue to be sorted during the sea days from Australia to NZ, ie before your first NZ port. You should be able to leave the ship as soon as clearance is given, just like at any other port. You'll probably get instructions, and possibly a transit passenger card, delivered to your cabin a day or so before. 

If your friends are picking you up by car they can drive onto Princes Wharf. There is a short term pick up and drop off area near the entrance to the cruise terminal, which is roughly half way along the wharf. Otherwise I suggest walking off teh wharf and meeting them just to the right (facing inland) of the wharf entrance.  

We did B2B Sydney to Auckland and then Auckland to Sydney, different ports each time on Emerald Princess in February 2017.  We did Immigration before arriving in the Fiordland and when we got to Auckland were given transit cards for Arrival and I think we went to guest services to get our new cruise cards. But it is all explained in detail long before you arrive in Auckland. On that cruise there were 43 passengers who were doing the same as us.  Several things to note:  It is amazing to see the activity on board by 10 am when all passengers are off and crew are cleaning madly.  We were still able to have a leisurely breakfast in Horizon Court and then a cup of tea in International Cafe before going ashore at our own pace to do whatever we wanted for the day.  Also, you can go to the Boutiques the night before you arrive in Auckland and buy alcohol and have it in your room for the second cruise.  We checked with crew in the shops during our first cruise.  Also during our first cruise, we spoke with Maitre D re changing our table and the night before docking in Auckland he came and got us from our table and took us to the other side of the dining room and showed us two tables by the window and asked us which one we wanted.  No trouble.  As said previously there is limited parking on the dock (probably a maximum of 20 cars).  If your friends wait nearby you can send them a text once you arrive on the street and they can do a drive by.  Above all Enjoy!