Seaside Spa and Massage

hummer88

I am looking for anyone with experience with the spa on the Seaside.  I am wondering if anyone can recommend a nice package for a day.  Is it better to book pre-cruise or are there better deals on board?

Online I can book the Thermal area cruise pass for the week for $130 per person. Is this worth it?

Also does anyone know if the massages on board are performed by a licensed massage therapist?

I can only comment about the spa not massages. The spa is very nice. Much better than anything that we have been in on Celebrity ships. The spas in the Royal class Princess ships are close, but MSC Seaside spa is better.

The Thermal Spa aboard the Seaside is very nice. Salt room, saunas, snow room, whirlpool, heated stone loungers, scented mist showers, etc. Those are all included in the pass. All very nice and it was never that crowded. Price and worth is subjective and all depending on how much time you spend within the spa. We didn't do any extra charge services. We only paid $55 a piece for the DW and I (booked on the website) for the week pass so it was more than worth it to us at that price obviously. 

My mother and I spend a total of $340 last June for a couple's massage (50 minutes) and a facial (50 minutes) for both of us. This also included the spa access for the whole 7 day sailing. It was a very good deal as the massages and facials were excellent. My mother really enjoyed the amenities of the spa itself as well as the very quiet hot tub. I am a social butterfly so found myself more suited to go to the Southbeach adult pool during the day. 

3 hours ago, hummer88 said:

sptrout,

do you typically sign up for something specific, and then full use of the salt baths, ice room, saunas etc, or is that seperate?

Since you directed your question to me I will just say: what "tallnthemsome" said". Everything in the spa area is included. 

The only thing that I disliked was that the loungers were separated in different rooms, so you typically had to move your stuff as you moved from room to room. For example, just 6 loungers around the whirlpool, two (maybe 3) of which are heated. The "salt room" had their own loungers, etc. Not much MSC could do differently with the way their spa is designed, but in Princess' Spa (Royal class) you just picked a lounger and moved from room to room (but no loungers in these rooms). That said Seaside is better overall.

5 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

The Thermal Spa aboard the Seaside is very nice. Salt room, saunas, snow room, whirlpool, heated stone loungers, scented mist showers, etc. Those are all included in the pass. All very nice and it was never that crowded. Price and worth is subjective and all depending on how much time you spend within the spa. We didn't do any extra charge services. We only paid $55 a piece for the DW and I (booked on the website) for the week pass so it was more than worth it to us at that price obviously. 

Just curious. The price on the website shows $130 pp for a 7 day cruise. How did you get that $55 pp price? Would love to book at that price.

1 minute ago, miataman19 said:

Just curious. The price on the website shows $130 pp for a 7 day cruise. How did you get that $55 pp price? Would love to book at that price.

I had booked way back in 2016 for 2018 on the Seaside. Watching the screwing MSC website daily for options to become available. When they did, that was the price. I too questioned it along with some others who got the same deal. We were all concerned as we thought it was another MSC website glitch and it would be revoked once on board. It was never questioned. We were one of the earlier sailors on the Seaside and it was either a mistake or a great deal in order to get people in the spa, rave about it, and spread the word. 

thanks everyone for your responses.  I like $55 each rather than $130!!!

Does anyone know if when booking for two people ( I see the day pass is $60 per person or $90 for 2), if they have to be in the same room? My friend and I are looking to get our wives the day pass.

On 1/27/2019 at 9:19 AM, kiminey65 said:

My mother and I spend a total of $340 last June for a couple's massage (50 minutes) and a facial (50 minutes) for both of us. This also included the spa access for the whole 7 day sailing. It was a very good deal as the massages and facials were excellent. My mother really enjoyed the amenities of the spa itself as well as the very quiet hot tub. I am a social butterfly so found myself more suited to go to the Southbeach adult pool during the day. 

Do you know if any service also comes with the week's pass.  The current online price for the week is $130 per person, which would mean for you that the massage and facial were only $80 total, which seems too cheap.

On 1/28/2019 at 2:59 PM, hummer88 said:

thanks everyone for your responses.  I like $55 each rather than $130!!!

Does anyone know if when booking for two people ( I see the day pass is $60 per person or $90 for 2), if they have to be in the same room? My friend and I are looking to get our wives the day pass.

Do you know if any service also comes with the week's pass.  The current online price for the week is $130 per person, which would mean for you that the massage and facial were only $80 total, which seems too cheap.

I know! It did seem too good to be true. My worry was that a "couples massage would have us in the same room getting disrobed with my mother! Although she is a "retired nurse & has seen it ALL" I was a little put off by that possibility. But I am also into great deals, so we booked it.

My suggestion is for you and your buddy to have one of you book it, then go to spa as one of your 1st things you do once onboard to set appointments. Anyone who has the foresight to book quickly gets the best slots, And I cannot fathom there to be a problem with it. We also had no problem booking simultaneously but in different rooms! We also booked a massage on 1st sea day. And the facial on 2nd sea day with no worries.

One last thing I noticed upon visiting with others in the spa was that EVERYONE (including me!) LOVED their technician with their 1st treatment and if they happened to have more than one service booked, they were able to request that same technician for their future appointment that was already booked! I loved that and then tipped her upon my 2nd service for them both. It's too bad for me I don't love the tranquil spa area as there are some good prices online to pre book. I hope this helps!

Thanks Kiminey, 

It does help.  I'm leaning towards the relaxing wave treatment:

1 Bali Massage - 30 min
- 1 Specific facial treatment - 30 min 
- 1 Thermal Area Daily pass: fully benefit from the body and facial treatments by following a path through the various steam, sauna, and relaxing areas

Pre cruise this is $147

The other option I'm considering is the one day thermal spa pass ($45 when sharing it with another person) and a 50 min bali massage ($87 or $77).  I was thinking they may be able to use the thermal spa one day and have a massage another and still get to use the hot tub and facilities in the spa for two days instead of one.