New to MSC. Questions regarding website and port

roycny

Hi, I have only sailed with NCL, but they don't have many offerings in Europe. I booked Divina 5/18, Inside Fantastica

Genoa - Civitavecchia - Palermo - Cagliari - Palma de Mallorca - Valencia - Marseille - Genoa

I am sailing with my wife and a 2-year-old. I wonder which port would you recommend to DIY with a toddler? We plan to do some excursions with MSC but would love to save money if it's not too much hassle to DIY with a toddler. I have been to Europe many times but first time on a cruise. So public transportation is not an issue.

Another question is with the website. I booked over 2 weeks ago and signed up Voyagers club. I got status matched a few days ago and discount applied. NCL Platinum -> MSC Gold.

The problem is that when I log in my MSC account, I don't see my Voyager ID. It gives me an error when I try to link the Voyager ID and Booking ID. So I can't do anything on the member page. I can still log in with my booking ID to add excursion or drink. So is there anything that I am missing for not being able to use the member site? I can't even make a final payment. I did call and the guy simply told me to keep trying except I have tried this for 2 weeks. As a programmer, I feel dumb to keep trying knowing the problem is not on my end and otherwise would have been fixed within 2 weeks.

As far as I know, American booking got free 1L of bottled water for dining, but when I logged in the booking page. There is an option to add a drink package, but I don't see any free water package. I called and the guy told me he will keep track of it, but didn't do anything to help me adding the drink package. When I try to buy an excursion, it won't let me check the box for the child, so I assume it's free for a child less than 3 years old.

I have read 60 pages on this forum, and I guess it's a waste of time bitching about the website. I also read the Port forum and researched the DIY transportation, but I can't find any review/experience for traveling with a toddler.

Sent like 4 emails for the past 2 weeks with no response. Both calls are not helpful. So far I am not impressed with the onshore customer support. 

I feel your pain as I experienced those issues also. I had six different emails that showed different totals, and the final payment date was nearing. I called and told them I wanted to either pay NOW or just cancel. They put me through to a supervisor who verified the total, I paid and haven't had any problems since then. I'm sailing this week and will report back.

• Like 1

The website and the customer service is driving me crazy. I can't add the free water package on the website. Called and the customer service can't do it either.

The member site won't link my voyager club's id saying it's linked to another account. It won't link my booking saying it can't find my name. 

That’s very frustrating, I’m sorry customer service wasn’t much help to you I’ve had a good experience with them so far.  

We booked Divina for April 28th so I’ll be sure to review it for you (hopefully while we’re on it, fingers crossed internet is stable).  This is our first MSC cruise as well.  

What is the free water package you’re speaking of?  I don’t think we were offered this.

thanks in advance!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, roycny said:

The website and the customer service is driving me crazy. I can't add the free water package on the website. Called and the customer service can't do it either.

The member site won't link my voyager club's id saying it's linked to another account. It won't link my booking saying it can't find my name. 

FYI, when we did the status match, after we got our IDs, we had the same problem. For mine, it said it was linked to another account. For my wife's, it said it wasn't active.

We were told (not sure if I believe it because it seems the reps just make up stuff on the fly), that they recycle numbers and eventually it would work itself out. Regardless of what the real problem was, after a few days, it did work itself out.

How do you get status matched for NCL? Do I just call MSC and ask for this with my MSC Reservation Number and NCL past passenger numbers? I didn't know that was something we could do. We are NCL Platinum and I just booked an S3 Suite on the Divina last night myself using the MSC website.

Okay, now I see the status match - after I already submitted for the Voyager Program. I completed the status match application anyway, so I'm sure they won't be happy with me. Wish I would have noticed that before. <sigh>

2 hours ago, jame_g said:

Okay, now I see the status match - after I already submitted for the Voyager Program. I completed the status match application anyway, so I'm sure they won't be happy with me. Wish I would have noticed that before. <sigh>

Don't worry. A lot of people did the same thing. You will get 5% discount and status matched to Gold.