LIVE Norwegian Bliss February 2-9, 2019

twisterfreak2280

4 hours ago, twisterfreak2280 said:

The waterfront wraps all the way around deck 8 except for the front of the ship. It’s like a boardwalk of sorts. It has seating and bars. Some of the restaurants also have outdoor seating along this deck as well. It’s the perfect

space to relax and read. 

6609DF1E-F33D-48AD-9EE5-2C37F5ED7E83.jpeg

My favourite part of the ship.  Great shot!

19 hours ago, debenson0723 said:

My favourite part of the ship.  Great shot!

Same on the Getaway, I was on it last month.  I was surprised that in the evening it was quite empty.  I also do not like that one of the bars, not the Mojito bar, was a smoking section.  Even being outside I couldn't stand all the smoke in that area.

2 hours ago, RedwingHockeyFan said:

Same on the Getaway, I was on it last month.  I was surprised that in the evening it was quite empty.  I also do not like that one of the bars, not the Mojito bar, was a smoking section.  Even being outside I couldn't stand all the smoke in that area.

Ya i find it quite peaceful in the evening. They seemed to have fixed the smoking issue. There is a cigar area on deck 8 by the Cavern Club which is enclosed otherwise the only outdoor smoking area is on Spice!

21 hours ago, Teacherloves2Cruise said:

Where is the dancing and later-night activity on Bliss? I am headed on the US Inaugural of Joy on April 26 and would love to get a feel as to where later night dancing might take place on Joy from your experience on Bliss. Thanks!

I think a lot of it was either on the pool deck or Spice H2O.  At the beginning of the week it was on the pool deck.

I'm sitting on the plane heading home to Toronto right now and thinking more about my experience.  

I would definitely not book this itinerary for the ports we stopped at.  I was quite disappointed at the ports of call.  It was nice to see them as I've never been but I'll likely never go again unless they're part of another itinerary.  St Thomas was the best port as there was plenty to do and my excursion was great!  Everything in Tortola was on the other side of the island so it would have taken a while to get there by cab and I didn't like any of the excursions offered.  Nassau was just plain nuts with 5 ships in port.  

While I love the breakaway and breakaway plus class ships, I don't like how crowded they get in Ocean Place 678.  This is the one area Royal wins for me.  The way they layout their ships allows passengers to be dispersed better.  

The food for the most part was very good.  I found a few things lacking but it's more of a personal preference thing.  I don't drink cream in anything but it's very hard to find small quantities of milk on board.  There wasn't a lot dessert wise that I liked but I'm a picky dessert eater so I stuck with fruit.  Overall it was very good food.  Cagney's as always was amazing, the lamb shank in the main dining room was to die for, and Le Bistro hit a home run with the rack of lamb.  

I was quite happy with the photos I had taken on board, but disappointed in the lack of packages available.  I found that the photographers weren't as pushy as I've had in the past, which is nice.  

Overall I thoroughly enjoyed myself and was able to relax.  The spa package was wonderful as always!  Norwegian is really starting to win me over and keep me specifically for the fact that the studio cabins are a great deal.  Bliss is beautiful and I"m sure the next two ships are going to be just as great!

I'll add a few pictures of the various ports we visited so you can get an idea of where you will be going.  Other wise that's all for me.  I'll post the dailies when I can get them out of my suitcase.