LIVE Norwegian Bliss February 2-9, 2019

twisterfreak2280

So excited to get out of the cold and get to the warm sunshine!  Here in Ontario Canada we're experiencing a deep freeze along with most of the mid-west.  We've been fortunate that we haven't had the crazy winter weather that Buffalo is getting but still its time for the sun!  I'm cruising solo as always, so I'm in the studio cabins for this trip.  I loved them on the Getaway so I'm sure I'm going to like them again.  With this being a Super Bowl cruise, it's going to be crazy!  Once again the Pats are in the Super Bowl rather than my Bills.  I'm just praying that the Rams crush them!  *Sorry Pats Fans*.  

Itinerary: 

Day 1: Miami

Day 2 & 3: Sea Days

Day 4: Tortola

Day 5: St Thomas

Day 6: Sea Day

Day 7: Nassau

Day 8: return to Siberia

Pre-departure day

Today started out rough and expensive!  On Tuesday a Blizzard started in Buffalo and as of last night was still going strong.  I was starting to get worried about my flight from Buffalo to FLL but thought it may clear up before Friday.  This morning I woke up, turned on my news, and saw that while conditions were slightly improved, they were still questionable as to whether the weather and roads would be clear in time.  I started researching other flights because I wanted to be prepared.  Around 8:30 this morning I bit the bullet, cancelled my Southwest flight because they couldn't guarantee we would fly, so $700 bucks later, I'm now flying out of Toronto to Miami.  So I cancelled my car rental, switched my post cruise shuttle to the right airport and told Elsa to get over her temper tantrum so I could bask in the sun.

• Like 1

Hello fellow Canadian!  Has this not been a horribly cold January??  I am in Northern Ontario and it was -45c with windchill today.   I am excited  to cruise vicariously through you.  We cruise the Bliss in March 16th.  Do you have any plans to try and get a Vibe pass?

Did you make it to Florida?  Blizzard is over here in Buffalo.

My wife and I are going on the Bliss March 16th.  Never been on a cruise ship on St. Patrick's day.:classic_smile:

Looking forward to reading about your adventures.

12 minutes ago, FLJIM said:

Did you make it to Florida?  Blizzard is over here in Buffalo.

My wife and I are going on the Bliss March 16th.  Never been on a cruise ship on St. Patrick's day.:classic_smile:

Looking forward to reading about your adventures.

Not quite.  I've got through customs :).  I'm waiting in the terminal at Pearson to board at 12:15pm.  I saw that the blizzard had ended but I wanted to make sure I made it on the boat 😄

• Like 1

We are on this sailing with you! We're flying to Miami from Rochester, NY this evening. Flight departs Rochester at 5:59 and we have a layover in Atlanta. So we won't be to Miami until after 11:00 pm, but still in PLENTY of time to board the ship tomorrow!

• Like 2

Good Morning!  The sun is up, the sky is blue, and it’s 22 degrees Celsius!  Finishing up my first coffee before heading upstairs to rearrange my suitcase. 

Uber is coming at 10 so I can make my way to the pier. I’m sure I’ll have to wait but I’d rather wait at the pier than at the hotel. My plan, as long as the internet is good, is to post both photos and recaps. If there’s something you want to ask or see let me know. I’ll try my best to get them for you. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Have a great cruise, and by the way, if you measure the temperature in Fahrenheit it sounds even better... 22 sounds like freezing to me...

Ya i can imagine!  As a Canadian we learned Celsius but I’ll convert it for you guys 🙂. It’s 73 degrees here right now!

• Like 1

Got to the pier around 10 and was on-board by 11. Went straight to the buffet to grab food before it got busy. This is a beautiful ship!  I’m looking forward to exploring more later with my camera. 

Im in the studio suites and I have a room that’s on its own in the hall. Hoping that’s a good thing!  Love the lounge!  It’s themed earthy which is nice!

Tonight I’ve got Cagneys and then I’m pretty sure I booked some racing or laser tag. 

21F50D80-441B-4F4C-A269-8125F77C7273.jpeg

34357EFE-7C70-40B6-A1A9-85B43C58AB89.jpeg

CA08B956-A082-4A0E-B979-B3EA8233B668.jpeg

85EE7E97-C762-40A5-8E93-BAC863426795.jpeg

2C9C19B8-DB72-4BA6-B550-9A14691948FF.jpeg

B3A91D95-CE3C-477C-9FE3-07AC86FFB721.jpeg

1109CB91-224D-4E9D-BF53-9C494BD8D674.jpeg

E56B6CBB-69B0-4301-8B7A-2E6174BAB037.jpeg

E3DB1F4B-3136-4737-8FA6-72E43AC3ADA9.jpeg

5B45C9E2-F846-4944-8D14-74C56E1E1879.jpeg

DD8ECCF8-FAEB-4840-B5FB-946A6797ED97.jpeg

C176539A-68BE-4BE6-97C8-2026609C9EC0.jpeg