FCC 3 questions: solo , exp date and change cruise

Sailingpeace

1. Can I use FCC about to expire in a few days  for a cruise in 2020  ?

2. Do I need 2 FCC if cruising solo ?

3. If the answer is yes to question1 and I want to change cruises long after booking, what happens to the FCC ( would then be after expiration date) ?

Thanks, 

I tried searching the forum but did not find answers,  sorry if it has been answered before. 

6 minutes ago, Sailingpeace said:

1. Can I use FCC about to expire in a few days  for a cruise in 2020  ?

3. If the answer is yes to question1 and I want to change cruises long after booking, what happens to the FCC ( would then be after expiration date) ?

Thanks, 

I tried searching the forum but did not find answers,  sorry if it has been answered before. 

1) Yes as long as you book before it expires.

If you cancel after the expiration it should be refunded if the cruise you booked was a refundable deposit.

2) No you only need 1 for you.

Are you using a TA?

Thank you Colo Cruiser. 

I plan to book directly with Princess at fisrt and then transfer to a TA closer to sailing. 

I was hoping that if I have to change the itinerary chosen , I would not loose my FCC privileges.  I first hope I will not have to make a change , but just in case, it is a booking so far in advance and family health situation is iffy...

4 minutes ago, Sailingpeace said:

I plan to book directly with Princess at fisrt and then transfer to a TA closer to sailing. 

You only have 60 days to transfer to a TA now and it is a tad more complicated. Do yourself a favor and just book direct.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sailingpeace said:

Thanks Coral for that info. I did not know about the 60 days rule. 

It started late last year. If you have a trusted TA - just start with them.

Edited by Coral

2 hours ago, Sailingpeace said:

Thanks Coral for that info. I did not know about the 60 days rule. 

Yes, this 60 day rule is relatively new.  Too bad ... the old way worked better for us passengers.  

1. Can I use FCC about to expire in a few days  for a cruise in 2020?  

The FCC used to have a book by date and a sail by date.  They've changed it to a book by only date now ... much better!  

No, they will only allow you to use one FCC per sailing per person.  

You will most likely be able to just transfer the FCC to another itinerary and the FCC will follow.  At least that's the way I have handled it in the past.  If the FCC is long from its expiration date, it will simply go back to your credit bank.  If it does expire, they will automatically send you a refund.  I forgot about one I had and it expired.  I was surprised to see a check in the mail ... then, I remembered it for a cruise I canceled and the FCC had expired.  Now, I normally don't forget about these things where money is involved .... but I usually buy several FCC's onboard because once I ran out.  That is just leaving money on the table.  :classic_ohmy:

I have transferred a FCD after its expiration date. I booked the new cruise with a hold (no deposit). I then called Princess and asked them to cancel the old cruise and transfer the FCD to the new cruise (instead of putting it back in my FCD bank). The Princess representative did this with no problem.

Even with the new rules, I prefer to book directly with Princess online and then transfer to a travel agent (within the 60 day time limit). I like particular cabins, and I prefer to grab the exact cabin I want online instead of dealing with the delay of calling a travel agent.

• Like 1