Late Flight - what to do with Luggage FLL & MIA

crilski

Our flight was after 4pm from FLL.  We used Jet Service International.  (myjetservice.com)

We could have sent out baggage via the cruise line, but we'd still have our carry ons.  They will pick up 5 bags for one price.  It is an additional cost for more bags. 

We gave them a time of meet up at the terminal (FLL) - which of course can be hard to pin down.  Our meet up time was 9:30am.  We were off the ship at 8:40 - and out of the terminal by 9:15am.  We weren't sure exactly where to meet the pick up person.  The helpers at the terminal had no idea what I was talking about.  But, about 9:25am - just to the left of the exit at Terminal 25 - a man in a lime green vest with a sign with our name appeared.

He took out luggage.  We agreed to meet at Terminal 2 at FLL at 2pm.  The same man appeared with our luggage a couple minutes before 2.  We were going to spend the day with the Water Taxi - but since it was raining, we headed to Sawmill Mall - via uber.  We did see people wandering the HUGE mall dragging their carry ons. 

I would recommend this service.  If you have questions, ask away.

Edited by crilski

I'm pleased you enjoyed your service, but IME, the luggage valet worked well for us.  Having our luggage taken the night before the cruise, not having to claim it in the baggage area and having it taken to the airport, were all conveniences that are  far better for us.

If I have another flight where I meet the constraints of the program, you can be sure I will use this option.

Thanks for posting your info for those who are not eligible (ie SW flights after 6PM) and those who are not eligible for various reasons.

• Like 1

I use the cruise line valet program - if I don't have a late flight.  If we have a late flight, I want all my luggage gone, and not have to drag around my carry ons if I decide to explore Fort Lauderdale or Miami.  I am happy to have both options. 

I had not read anything about myjetservice.com - so I thought I'd share the success!

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/6/2019 at 11:03 AM, crilski said:

I use the cruise line valet program - if I don't have a late flight.  If we have a late flight, I want all my luggage gone, and not have to drag around my carry ons if I decide to explore Fort Lauderdale or Miami.  I am happy to have both options. 

I had not read anything about myjetservice.com - so I thought I'd share the success!

What is cruise line valet service,how does it work?  do they transport to airport? or to a hotel?

The cruise valet service takes your luggage straight to the airport - you won't see it again until your final destination.  It depends on your airlines and the time your flight leaves.  I have the information scanned that I received on my Celebrity Cruise just this past January - but I can't get it to show up here.  If you provide me with your email, I will send it to you.

Sawgrass is a popular mall for buying luggage, too. Always see people walking around with giant suitcases there. 

Good info about jet service. I'm sure many will find it useful. Seems the service worked as advertised. 

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 1:31 PM, crilski said:

Our flight was after 4pm from FLL.  We used Jet Service International.  (myjetservice.com)

We could have sent out baggage via the cruise line, but we'd still have our carry ons.  They will pick up 5 bags for one price.  It is an additional cost for more bags. 

We gave them a time of meet up at the terminal (FLL) - which of course can be hard to pin down.  Our meet up time was 9:30am.  We were off the ship at 8:40 - and out of the terminal by 9:15am.  We weren't sure exactly where to meet the pick up person.  The helpers at the terminal had no idea what I was talking about.  But, about 9:25am - just to the left of the exit at Terminal 25 - a man in a lime green vest with a sign with our name appeared.

He took out luggage.  We agreed to meet at Terminal 2 at FLL at 2pm.  The same man appeared with our luggage a couple minutes before 2.  We were going to spend the day with the Water Taxi - but since it was raining, we headed to Sawmill Mall - via uber.  We did see people wandering the HUGE mall dragging their carry ons. 

I would recommend this service.  If you have questions, ask away.

Thanks for the detailed feedback.  I will keep this option in mind for future cruises if luggage valet does not work.