ANY TIME DINING

Dunx1977

On 2/5/2019 at 11:24 AM, stellarose said:

we did anytime dining and son has severe food allergies. most night it did not take too long of wait- however some times it took forever.   next we would not choose anytime dining. 

This is exactly the reason we choose early dining.  Also have a kiddo with severe food allergies.

7 hours ago, JaniceB said:

I enjoy anytime when I have a port intensive itinerary, otherwise fixed time.  

This.  I really like having the same wait staff and table mates each night.  (And not having to wait to be sat.). But if we are doing a port intensive cruise (like our next one to Alaska), I choose anytime dining so that if we get in late from excursions we still have the option to eat in the dining room.

2 hours ago, Mediterranean_Honeymooner said:

This.  I really like having the same wait staff and table mates each night.  (And not having to wait to be sat.). But if we are doing a port intensive cruise (like our next one to Alaska), I choose anytime dining so that if we get in late from excursions we still have the option to eat in the dining room.

You know with anytime dining all you have to do is request the same wait staff and they will give you the same wait staff each night.

2 minutes ago, Mediterranean_Honeymooner said:

I had read that, but I have never done it because I didn’t want to seem like a “difficult guest”.

If you are concerned about being a difficult guest it is likely you will never be one 😉 Attitude goes a long way in what makes someone "difficult" so even if you make a request, being polite can make all the difference.

3 minutes ago, pacruise804 said:

If you are concerned about being a difficult guest it is likely you will never be one 😉 Attitude goes a long way in what makes someone "difficult" so even if you make a request, being polite can make all the difference.

Thank you.  I will try that request this cruise, if you don’t think it causes much trouble for them. I really do love getting to know and connect with our wait staff!

• Like 1

On 2/7/2019 at 6:36 AM, Bookbug53 said:

Another interesting thing about anytime is the number of people that want 'flexibility' and yet will line up at the SAME TIME every night. We have sat having a before dinner drink and watched the line on different cruses. The same people are in line every night at the same time. Standing there waiting to eat. Don't understand the "I want anytime dining so I can stand in a line at the same time". 

100% agree with this!  I cannot understand the need for standing in line for dinner.  Even with set dining it is amazing how many people are in line at 15 minutes before the doors open.  We try to time our arrival at just after the doors open and guess what:  our table is always there!!

Anytime. You can find a waiter you really like and request that team for the future. Everyday is a little different and we never wanted to be rushed back on the ship on a port day that stayed late just to get a table be cause of having an assigned dining time.