Carnival Dream Balcony

BAMAMOMOF3

I am just about to make my mind up and splurge the cost for a balcony (Never had one). The date is May 5th. They still have a few balconies available and want to make the best decision on room choice and place. Give me your best rooms you would choose and why. I am driving myself crazy on this decision as its quite a bit more than what we are use to paying, but i really want that experience at least once. Front, Middle, Back, levels Cove or regular.  Aghhhhhhh!! 

Empress deck will be about the quietest. Rooms above and below, plus the suites are on that floor so it's a high rent district.

The 2nd floor cove balconies are where my heart is. Some galley noise, but after the first night it becomes ambient and not very noticeable at all. 

Bottom line: any room on the Dream is going to be great. Enjoy.

We stayed on the 11th deck near elevators and loved it.  The little bit of noise we heard from the elevators didn't bother us and there isn't much traffic on that deck.  Our favorite part about it was how close it was to the lido deck!  We barely had to use the elevators at all until the evenings for dinner, shows, etc.  During the day we were just a few steps to outside and down a few steps to the bars, pool and food! 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, BAMAMOMOF3 said:

WMS99 how will i know what area is near the galley? i dont think i would like that noise

Look at deck plans. They are online.  Just match the galley on deck 3 to the rooms on deck 2 and Bob's your Uncle.

And I will state again, after the first night it becomes background noise. A few thumps and bangs around 4am but not bad enough to really matter.

Decks 6-9, make sure you are not overlooking the two hot tubs on Deck 5. You can see/hear them and they can see you. Not much privacy.

Deck 9 - pick a room with cabins above it, not the loud pool or buffet areas

Deck 2 - cove balconies forward of the midship elevators are fine. The first few coves on the starboard side have a bad sewer odor. Avoid those.

Deck 11 - just make sure you are not under the Waterworks area

I would pick a balcony near the aft of the ship on Decks 6-8. There is not much activity on Deck 5 that will bother you. It's also close to the buffet and back pool.  

We have a balcony on Deck 11 for our March cruise. I'll report back how we liked it!

We just got a balcony last night.  I can't imagine any of them being bad.  We just make sure there are beds above and below us, like others have mentioned, using the Dream Deck Plans.  Which level is your preference.  We loved the front of the Lido deck with our last cruise...no noise, and no elevators needed to walk to the pool!

This year, it wasn't available so we're on Level 8.  We like to be up in the ship to be close to the decks, but others like to be low and closer to the water.  Some say they can see dolphins and such!

Warning:  you'll never go back!