Horizon pig and anchor

nyo1011

Have a question for those who have cruised Horizon and possibly Vista....Two yrs ago our family/friend group went on our first cruise on the Vista. Our husbands loved it and agreed to another one....along comes the horizon which looks just like the vista so we booked it. The one difference for us is that the pig and anchor is where the red frog used to be. From the pictures the space seems very similar however I understand it is now a "pay" restaurant. Is that just in the evening? On the Vista this is where our men hung out on the boat. There were always groups of people planning board games, there was a foosball table, corn hole, live music in the evening...etc. Can you still hang out here or is it strictly a pay restaurant? Obviously they can find another place on the ship but they tend to be creatures of habit. None of them do any research and I would guess that the first place they go on embarkation day is to where they are expecting the red frog and "rum jumpers", ....I don't have the heart to tell them that their beloved corn hole boards are now on the sports square with no bar in sight.  

It was our favorite bar to hang in. Way more chill than Lido or the clubs. Often live music in the evenings (but not so loud you cant have a conversation). We ate the (free) food at lunch once. It was fine but did not make us want to pay for it in the evening. The beer was great!

I have not been on a ship with red frog so I cannot help contrast that. 

thanks for the replies...good to know we can still hang here. I am looking forward to their bloody Mary's....I saw a pic somewhere of the vodka they use...its in a big glass container full of vegetables to infuse it....

• 4 weeks later...