EDGE AQUA CLASS REVIEW ....1/27/19, Eastern Carib...by Hcat

hcat

14 minutes ago, hcat said:

We had the bed by the Infinite Veranda.  ( cannot  really call it a balcony,)

Had hoped and carried on about wanting the bed by  the bath but this actually turned out very well.  Easy access to the closet,  had a nice open room feeling and one  could lie in the bed and have a view . 

Only drawback was my husb had the  Veranda side of the bed.  There was not much room to get in, out,  or around....there's a bit of a seam with the Veranda floor and cabin carpet,,,plus the french doors/ door track.  But he managed well. The nightstand on that side was small but it was ok..trying to put up a few bed photos..

Interesting about the bed by the bath or balcony on the Edge. After you reported your bed by balcony instead of bath like the deck plan indentation shows, I went back and checked all of the cabin reviews so far and found a few more cabins that didn’t fit what the deck plan showed. A couple were AQ, one was concierge and another a regular IV. 

I havent found a pattern yet (only 4 have been wrong so far), but will keep looking for a better way to tell. In the meantime, it looks like the majority match the deck plans, but people shouldn’t count on that method of determining it. 

I’m glad it worked out for you! 🙂

2 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Interesting about the bed by the bath or balcony on the Edge. After you reported your bed by balcony instead of bath like the deck plan indentation shows, I went back and checked all of the cabin reviews so far and found a few more cabins that didn’t fit what the deck plan showed. A couple were AQ, one was concierge and another a regular IV. 

I havent found a pattern yet (only 4 have been wrong so far), but will keep looking for a better way to tell. In the meantime, it looks like the majority match the deck plans, but people shouldn’t count on that method of determining it. 

I’m glad it worked out for you! 🙂

So there are a couple of AQs that are not as they appear on the deck plan?  Are they 9248, 10228 & 10236? 

Guess there are pros and cons to either layout. I had a longer walk to the bathroom from bed and used a small flashlight to make sure I did not stumble..There is a nightlight in the bathroom...but we kept the door shut.

My side of the bed was next to the  divan/ sofa..I had the telephone on my nightstand..not much room for anything else.  I used the tom tom as an overflow for papers, books etc.  It was too low to be of much general use and heavy to move.  It fit nicely in the space between bed and divan..not an inch to spare!

I am still having issues posting my pics..not sure why. Very dispappointing.

Edited by hcat

3 hours ago, Sheal said:

So there are a couple of AQs that are not as they appear on the deck plan?  Are they 9248, 10228 & 10236? 

Yes, 9248, 10228 & 10236 are the 3 AQ's - all of have been reported as beds by the bath, though the deck plans say bed by balcony. Hcat's was by the balcony (deck plans have it by the bath).

9214, a C2, was reported as having the bed by the balcony and deck plans have it by the bath and 8146, an E2, was reported as having the bed by the balcony, but the deck plans show it by the bath.

As more cabin configurations are reported we may find a pattern - in the meantime, I wouldn't count on the deck plans for bed by bath or balcony configurations.

Surprisingly, there was adequate drawer space..My husband took the three large drawers along the dresser area.  They were divided and he fit into them fine.  I used the smaller built in drawers in the closet..also worked okay, 

The closet was skimpy as far as hanging items, esp because the half hanging rack  on  one side could not be folded up..used to be able to do that. Really woukd help if it could fold up or back, We fit  okay , but for our 9 night cruise we will have to pack smarter,. As it is I wear very lightweight  packable dresses that do not take up much space...and I will not have my fancy birthday outfit which was a bit poufy. .I used the closet bar to the left for my dresses and outfits and dh used the shorter bar space area for his shirts and pants

There is no top shelf in the closet..so our shoes went on the closet floor left side along with the laundry bag..( I did fit slippers and  pr of sneakers in the lower shelf of my nightstand cubby)  We each had teva type beach sandals, dh had shoes for evening ,& sneakers,  and I had 2 prs of wedge sandals ( casual and dressy) and shoes for my chic dress, reg sandals and spa flip flops..I will try to  eliminate some next time,.only to makes the suitcase lighter!

The safe was smaller than others we have had but was big enough for 2 cell phones, a wallet and IDs ,&  2 jewelry pouches. It was easy to operate.  Dh 's  hat went on top of the safe.  The curved cubbies fit everything else, including  the beach  totes, tee shirts and gifts we bought along the way. Next time I will bring 3 magnetic  wall hooks for our visors, caps etc..

Everyone should be able to organize themselves for a week  to 10 days...key is to keep it neat and not pile  stuff on the divan..which is otherwise useless.  It is too low to the ground..AC duct runs over that area  and there is an low hanging picture...too large .It is also a very scrathy irritating material as a covering.,.very itchy!

I will keep trying to get my pics posted. Sorry it is not working! 

.Maybe I can e mail them to Vt and she can help me by posting them ..folks want to see and not hear about the cabin...but nothing diff for AQ class than the other IV cabins.

More later..

Was able to get these from my phone rather than the tablet..the IV with the small floral arrangement and the larger arrangement in the lighted  niche.

We left our chairs facing inward..and used  the 2 smaller Hoppen pillows on them

20190127_113306.jpg

20190127_135729.jpg

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, hcat said:

Surprisingly, there was adequate drawer space..My husband took the three large drawers along the dresser area.  They were divided and he fit into them fine.  I used the smaller built in drawers in the closet..also worked okay, 

The closet was skimpy as far as hanging items, esp because the half hanging rack  on  one side could not be folded up..used to be able to do that. Really woukd help if it could fold up or back, We fit  okay , but for our 9 night cruise we will have to pack smarter,. As it is I wear very lightweight  packable dresses that do not take up much space...and I will not have my fancy birthday outfit which was a bit poufy. .I used the closet bar to the left for my dresses and outfits and dh used the shorter bar space area for his shirts and pants

There is no top shelf in the closet..so our shoes went on the closet floor left side along with the laundry bag..( I did fit slippers and  pr of sneakers in the lower shelf of my nightstand cubby)  We each had teva type beach sandals, dh had shoes for evening ,& sneakers,  and I had 2 prs of wedge sandals ( casual and dressy) and shoes for my chic dress, reg sandals and spa flip flops..I will try to  eliminate some next time,.only to makes the suitcase lighter!

The safe was smaller than others we have had but was big enough for 2 cell phones, a wallet and IDs ,&  2 jewelry pouches. It was easy to operate.  Dh 's  hat went on top of the safe.  The curved cubbies fit everything else, including  the beach  totes, tee shirts and gifts we bought along the way. Next time I will bring 3 magnetic  wall hooks for our visors, caps etc..

Everyone should be able to organize themselves for a week  to 10 days...key is to keep it neat and not pile  stuff on the divan..which is otherwise useless.  It is too low to the ground..AC duct runs over that area  and there is an low hanging picture...too large .It is also a very scrathy irritating material as a covering.,.very itchy!

I will keep trying to get my pics posted. Sorry it is not working! 

.Maybe I can e mail them to Vt and she can help me by posting them ..folks want to see and not hear about the cabin...but nothing diff for AQ class than the other IV cabins.

More later..

Gorgeous flowers and like your chair set up!

If you have trouble with some of your pictures, I can try to post them for you. 🙂

Cabin was 9257..  port side,( non MC  side),  slightly aft.  Our heads were  to the forward- going wall. So we travelled backwards..no problem!

Slept like babies.  Never saw that we received a non cashmere mattress as we requested but there was  no allergic reaction so I was fine. Dh felt the comforter was too heavy..I thought it was fine,  but felt the sheets were scratchy, I prefer a 100 % high count  soft percale.  What they had before was great!  The firm mattress was very much like what we use at home., perfect.  We felt lost in the King bed.,we  have a cozy  Queen at home!

I  can't believe X now advertises and sells the  mattresses..see the Shopping Lady!

Promise, I will be  filling out the Vt cruiser spread sheet at the sticky...eventually.

9257 was a very nice cabin.  Good location..very quiet,  easy walk to mid ship elev lobby, no service areas or machine noise nearby,  best attendant ever... Ricky. I have already rec him for butler training..that's how good he was!

Thanks to Vt cruiser,  we moved to this cabin pre cruise from one in AQ just above on deck 10....but that  one was  2  cabins behind a  bump out area..cabin next to it was  later marked obstructed view so I am so grateful to Vt cruiser who helped us decide to change.  Our view was  perfect....window open or closed..just  a lovely view and no birds ever flew in!

Going to try again  to post photos later.. I sent them to my phone,,,

28 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

When you have time, could you also report on your quest to go technology free? Were you able to do everything without the app?

We did fine.. Arrived at pier and they scanned our cruise docs and passports. No issues.

We used our seapass cards for everything.. open  door , shops, drinks ,  thermal suite entry   etc

Phones were kept in the safe.  We read the dailies each night  and used our yellow marker to note  items of interest

.  Also checked our Accts on the TV..and eventually  located Officer / staff bios on the tv..wish we could print them...like to keep them for future ref..they are very interesting to read.

Lots of folks at GR with App issues and also with heads down around ship ysing the app..Not sure  what we missed but saw no need.!

Btw..dh was the screen and window control  person but it was easy to learn..our shade only crashed once when I had moved the litte table too far back.   Lights and a/c also easy

Word of the Day!

di·van /dəˈvan/ noun 1.a long low sofa without a back or arms, typically placed against a wall.

We now have the Hoppen pillows, lamps,   the "no water" vase ,  faux coral, the "tom tom" and the Hoppen Divan!

All things considered  we enjoyed our cabin!!!

14 minutes ago, hcat said:

We did fine.. Arrived at pier and they scanned our cruise docs and passports. No issues.

We used our seapass cards for everything.. open  door , shops, drinks ,  thermal suite entry   etc

Phones were kept in the safe.  We read the dailies each night  and used our yellow marker to note  items of interest

.  Also checked our Accts on the TV..and eventually  located Officer / staff bios on the tv..wish we could print them...like to keep them for future ref..they are very interesting to read.

Lots of folks at GR with App issues and also with heads down around ship ysing the app..Not sure  what we missed but saw no need.!

Btw..dh was the screen and window control  person but it was easy to learn..our shade only crashed once when I had moved the litte table too far back.   Lights and a/c also easy

Great! Glad you were able to do everything without the app. Also happy that you didn't do what I did and hit the morning button in the middle of the night - every light on, shade up and me fumbling for a button to make it stop! We still giggle about that ....🙂

I do like my flowers!.. they also add fragrance. Hah , I .just realized we never got the reed diffusers,   an AQ perk. Maybe we should insist they take us back!

The new daily tea is fresh brewed..much better than the packaged stuff  that no one liked   Also  had  tons of fruit, refreshed daily , and decent canapes..including shrimp cocktail on my b day   Ricky treated us right!

BLU on EDGE...

Here are some stock photos..I will transfer mine tom and do the report. 

Preismans probably have BLU menus.  I do know that the same 7 day menus were repeated for  the b2b  cruisers.. ..

image.thumb.png.d56a2650d18b2f7469ed40ec8a7608b7.png

image.thumb.png.74bafd40aa1cc243be1d41b97b5d02d5.png