Another Beverage Package Question

nextcruiseonmymind

42 minutes ago, nextcruiseonmymind said:

Beverage package policy states that the package can be purchased on board the first and second day of the cruise. If you buy the package on day two do they just charge you for six days? 

We did that about 5 years ago when the beverage packages first came out and were charged for the whole amount. They credited off our Day 1 drinks. Since my info is a little old, I'd double check on the ship. 

1 hour ago, POA1 said:

We did that about 5 years ago when the beverage packages first came out and were charged for the whole amount. They credited off our Day 1 drinks. Since my info is a little old, I'd double check on the ship. 

on our recent NS cruise we purchased the package on day 2 and it exactly as POA1 describes.  Full price and but day 1 cocktails removed from your account.

24 minutes ago, sfocruiser said:

on our recent NS cruise we purchased the package on day 2 and it exactly as POA1 describes.  Full price and but day 1 cocktails removed from your account.

Thanks for the update. I would advise people to buy the package on Day 1, just because you don't have to waste time worrying about getting drinks adjusted off. It could work smoothly - or it might not. We had to go the the Neptune Concierge several times to get things fixed. Bear in mind that our experience was a long time ago and beverage plans were new. They may have it all figured out now, but I wouldn't risk it. (Unless you like to deal with debits, credits, and the night adjuster.)

There is no pro-rating of the beverage package no matter how far into your cruise that you buy it.   But the bigger question is...... why wait until you are onboard to buy it ?  If you know you want the package,  but wait to buy it when you are onboard, you will pay $5 per day more than if you buy it online, 4 days ahead of your sailing day.   The Signature Beverage Package (SBP) costs $44.95 a day plus 15% service charge, or $51.70 a day.   Waiting to buy it onboard, on the first or any day of your cruise will cost you $49.95 per day plus 15% or $57.44 per day.  On a 7 day cruise, buying it online, before the cruise will save you $40.20.    That saving will get you a Pinnacle Grill dinner plus $5 left over to throw onto the red 7 on the Roulette wheel !!!