VOOM--Can friends in another cabin use our code?

Sorry if this has been asked and answered, but I couldn't find it anywhere.  If we get Voom for 2 devices, can our friends who are in another cabin use it too, or is it specific to the cabin?  Could I be on one device and our friend use another?  Or can only my husband and I use the code on our devices?  Thanks!

Just be aware if you buy a one device plan, only one device can be online at any given moment.  You can share it but then they can go online and kick you off.  

On some ships you must distinctly sign out one device before you can connect the next device.  On most ships when you sign in on any device, it kicks off the previously connected device.  

3 minutes ago, twangster said:

Just be aware if you buy a one device plan, only one device can be online at any given moment.  You can share it but then they can go online and kick you off.  

On some ships you must distinctly sign out one device before you can connect the next device.  On most ships when you sign in on any device, it kicks off the previously connected device.  

We are planning to get the 2 device plan.  I assume that this means that we can be on 2 devices at once?

1 minute ago, bluegirlum said:

We are planning to get the 2 device plan.  I assume that this means that we can be on 2 devices at once?

Yes.  One code, but the system allows two connected devices at any given moment.  

By the terms and conditions sharing the code with someone who didn't buy Voom is not allowed.  However if you only sign in with one device,  they can sign in one device.  The system has no way to know if their device is in another cabin.  

Where it get's tricky is if you and your spouse both connect a device then they want to connect a device.  Now you have three devices trying to use a two device plan.  

My experience on Anthem with a 3-device plan (DH, myself, with DD next door) was that, while it didn't matter which three devices were signed in, one of them had to sign out before, say, a laptop could be signed in. We didn't have to worry about a device being booted off because one person tried to sign in a second device. A fourth device could not sign in until one of the three was signed out. Not just not in active use - physically logged out of the plan.

On our plan, the only way to log in was with the long, random code provided by Royal. No setting up an account with an easy-to-remember password. On my iPhone, I added the code as a text shortcut, so I only had to type in "xcode" to have the actual code entered. That saved a lot of time when I was switching between my phone and my laptop.