Front facing balconies

emjay

23 minutes ago, emjay said:

I see you can have a balcony on the front of the ship. Are these real windy?  Didn't know if you could sit out and enjoy it.

We had one once, and yes, it was windy when underway.   Although,  we thought it was much better overall than a side view balcony, in port.   Sitting outside when underway will always be windy.

Location, well it was long walk to the dining rooms.   We have only done a bow balcony once.  Not sure we'll try it again anytime soon....:classic_smile:

3 hours ago, jwjax said:

We had one once, and yes, it was windy when underway.   Although,  we thought it was much better overall than a side view balcony, in port.   Sitting outside when underway will always be windy.

Location, well it was long walk to the dining rooms.   We have only done a bow balcony once.  Not sure we'll try it again anytime soon....:classic_smile:

we had a spa Balcony deck 12 forward on the Magic. you walk a few steps to the glass elevators, down to the lobby and the MDR was right behind the bar, very short  walk. Of course, stop at Lobby Bar for a pre dinner cocktail

1 hour ago, coevan said:

we had a spa Balcony deck 12 forward on the Magic. you walk a few steps to the glass elevators, down to the lobby and the MDR was right behind the bar, very short  walk. Of course, stop at Lobby Bar for a pre dinner cocktail

If you happen to have the aft dining room,  it is a long walk.....  :classic_smile:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, elcuchio24 said:

Do you mean like, facing forward? I am not aware of any option like that, which ship are you looking at?

On the Mardi Gras they replaced the interior w/ walkway view rooms overlooking the secret decks with balcony rooms. So there will now be no public decks at the front of the ship. 

23 hours ago, bakersdozen12 said:

On the Mardi Gras they replaced the interior w/ walkway view rooms overlooking the secret decks with balcony rooms. So there will now be no public decks at the front of the ship. 

Gotcha. Wow, that would NOT be for me. Anyone who has spent time on that front deck knows...

40 minutes ago, bakersdozen12 said:

Agreed. You really wouldn’t be able to use the balcony except for while in port. And I’m always in port during those times. 

Maybe they have real high windscreens or something? Honestly cant image it being enjoyable at all while underway, let alone the pressure it would build in your room....dont open the hallway door! hahaha

We had a suite on NCL Pearl with the forward and side balcony. It was great when going through Glacier Bay but that is it. Otherwise they had the front locked down so you could not use it.  At least it had a side balcony too  it it was very windy too.  Because of that I would not book a room like that again. 

Edited by cruisecraze96