Pre-Cruise beauty rituals, what's yours?

teegeezfun

okay, t minus 8 days and counting and i just completed the pedicure, have been tanning for several days and am working on the hair one step at a time, first i straightened it, on friday will be getting styled and on saturday colored and highlighted. next thursday will be the manicure at the last minute and depilatory.

that's about it for me and i'll feel all set in the beauty department.

what do you do precruise?

Haircut and pedicure - one week prior to cruise

Manicure - One day beforehand.

I'm basically hairless on the body, so nothing to tweeze or wax, thank goodness. My skin is so milky white I'd look ridiculous with a tan - real or fake.

Jane

Hair highlighting and cut a couple of weeks before the cruise, self-tanning starting about two weeks before the cruise, pedicure a few days prior and manicure at the last minute since my nail polish tends to chip easily. Shaving is a constant thing, so that's not anything special for me. Same goes for waxing the eyebrows, etc.

I often add on additional things like home teeth whitening, but this last cruise, I had so much going on in my life without worrying about the shade of my teeth, I had to skip that step.

Hair trim about two weeks out. I use my MicroDerm Abrasion twice weekly three to two weeks out with my other "daily" treatment the other days. (BeautiControl's Gold Regeneration plus the Cell Block C).

I try to not demolish my nails (I am bad about cleaning using bleach but neglecting to use the rubber gloves next to the bleach) so they will not be chipped, cracked and broken so a manicure will look good. I also use my hand treatments/creams.

The day or two before I leave I wax my legs and underarms. Then use a self tanner the night before I leave.

At the hotel the night before I board ship, I do my nails (hands and feet) and wash and roll my hair.

I have also gone through many dresses to find that "perfect" dress for the boarding picture which generally entails me finishing the hemming and other hand work on the plane ride to the port and a pressing at teh hotel.

Well I am usually running around like a mad woman...buying one last minute outfit or pair of shoes. DH just has to love it, right? I always get my hair done 3 days prior to cruise, so I can adjust to cut and color.

And I have had laser hair removal done...so I never have to shave or wax my legs or underarms again...gotta love that...saves me a lot of time pre-cruise and during cruise.

And typically I tan a month (about 3 days a week) prior to cruise...no pasty skin this way, please. lol

And always have that last minute dry cleaning to do! Gotta look snazzy!

So pretty much what everyone else does.

I start when I have a month left. I try on and finalize my wardrobe. I start tanning twice a week instead of once a week. I start the over the counter chemical peels, twice a week for the month. Then two weeks before I do whitestrips to get rid of any coffee stains and get my hair done. The day before, after I have packed I get my manicure/pedicure, relax and start to enjoy my vacation. Of course this time I have to do everything a day earlier since the day before is my wedding. 9 days and counting.

I'm terrified to peel my face :o my skin is so sensitive!

I do have a facial planned this time for 2 days prior to leaving, a treat for me.

I generally get my hair cut and colored at least 2 weeks prior to leaving. Mani, pedi and brow wax the day before leaving.

I'm also terrified of tanning booths. I love to lay in the sun, but I use a 30 spf, so it's not for a tan, more for relaxation. I wear a hat or visor to cover my face, so no tan there, at all.

Did anyone catch the girl on American Idol with the phony tanning booth tan on her face, Simon was more interested in that than her singing. She said afterward she thought she looked really good, one can only wonder if she still feels that was after seeing herself on TV!

Take good care of your skin and hair! (fingers and toes, too!)

I'm terrified to peel my face :o my skin is so sensitive!

I'm also terrified of tanning booths. I love to lay in the sun, but I use a 30 spf, so it's not for a tan, more for relaxation. I wear a hat or visor to cover my face, so no tan there, at all.

Take good care of your skin and hair! (fingers and toes, too!)

I have very oily skin so the peel (since it is over the counter) is very gentle and just seems to be giving me a fresh look. I normally tan once a week for 12 min., in a booth that lets me turn the bulbs off for my face. This just gives me a little color and not a dark tan.

Started tanning in Dec. for our April 1st cruise. I get my manicure done on the Wed. before we leave that Friday and the hair highligted on that Thurs. (I love the way my hair does after a highlight so I get it done as close to the time we leave as possible) oh and I get my toes done on the Wed. before also. I've already starting dieting also. Had 5 pounds I wanted to get off. Only downfall is one of my formal dresses is already a little loose and worried that it my be to lose by cruise. Oh well, what's a girl to do. :)

I also get my eyebrows waxed on that Wed. also.

The clothes start coming out of the closest about two weeks before. I have a spare bedroom so I just put things in there as I come across them. Then the week before I start with the organization of outfits and such. Then I being the personal grooming stuff. Highlights touched up a week or two before. Haircut a week before. Manicure, Pedicure and Bikini wax all the day before. Pretty simple.

Stormlover,

Funny, but we do the opposite. Since I know we'll be having more high calorie foo-foo drinks, we try to conserve a few calories and cut back on high sugar drinks before our vacation.

What is a mudslide?

Hi Jane, A mudslide is Kahluah (sp) baileys and vodka and cream...with

chocolate mixed in;) tastes like a milkshake...of course a frozen one

has ice cream added in as well:D When I am at the pool on the ship

I usually drink a couple of those......they are DELICIOUS!

As for pre-cruise stuff.....I am just a simple gal......I shave my own

legs and underarms.

The one item I get before cruising is a hair cut.

I usually pack 2 nights before the cruise. I'm a bit of a last minute packer whenever I travel, but I'm a list maker, so I've never forgotten anything for any trip I take.

I take the day before the cruise off of work too so that I don't have to worry about ending up with a closing shift and then having to wake up at 3AM (we take the earliest flight possible the day before so we know we are there for the cruise, plus it allows for any weather problems since we go in the winter from Chicago). With that day I go for the full beauty treatment, brow wax, upper lip bleaching, mani/pedi. Sometimes I tan for 3 weeks before the cruise, sometimes I don't.

It looks like I'm the only one that does this, but I wait until I'm on the ship to get my hair done. First thing I do when I set foot onboard is go up to the spa and schedule the "makeover" option, which includes cut and color and is only $90. I'm usually able to get the first appointment-the one directly after the muster drill. I've always gotten my highlights done as part of this, it's cheaper, and always get results that are better than my normal salon. My family has never taken a good embarkation picture, so I don't care if my hair doesn't look perfect in it because it's one of those things we buy to laugh at, if we buy it at all.

Archived