eDocs delay due to Choice Air

GottaKnowWhen

I noticed another thread on a similar topic but that one has wandered off into discussion of seat selection and travel agents and bashing of Celebrity's web site and other topics.

So, here is my heads-up for those using Celebrity Air/Choice Air. From my experience, it seems that sometimes (but not always) if you book an out-of-the-ordinary itinerary through Choice Air, then issuance of eDocs and the availability of luggage tags through the mail is delayed until 2-3 weeks before departure. One Captain's Club phone lady speculated that it may be because of the possibility of airline flight changes. But why only with oddball itineraries? Oh well.

In my case, I head to my next cruise in 2 weeks. But on the way I am going to a different country (Paraguay), not the embarkation port or country (Buenos Aires Argentina). From Paraguay to BA I made my own arrangements directly with Aeolineas. Definitely not the typical flight to embarkation point 0-2 days prior to the cruise.

This will be a back-to-back. The second leg does not involve Choice Air. I was able to request my luggage tags 8-10 days ago. (Not that I need them for a b2b, but what the heck...)

In short, sometimes stuff happens. If your arrangements are a bit out of the ordinary, you may have a longer wait before you can get the eDocs and take care of luggage tags. 

Stan

• Thanks 1

Anytimes we have used Choice Air the edocs are not available until under 30 days.

They want to have the most current flight info in the edocs.  On our upcoming cruise one flight has changed 3 times and many have had their seat assignment changed 2+ times.  

While many of us know o check the airlines website for departure times, seats, etc I would venture a guess that some rely and what the edoc’s day, so tge closer to departure the less likely there will be changes.

BTW we don’t have our edocs for our March cruise but have ordered our luggage tags.

• 2 weeks later...