Sail Date Unavailable?

Ameyers1988

This might be a silly question but oh well. About once a week I go on the Carnival Website and do a "fake" booking of the cruise we have booked to check on pricing and see if it went down at all. Today I went on and the date we have booked does not show up as a date I can choose, is that because it is sold out or is there another reason? The cruise isn't until September 14th so I really can't believe it would be sold out already.

Thanks for any help bc this has me confused......:classic_huh:

3 minutes ago, brookie848 said:

I would scour the internet for the ship name and date to see if it has been chartered.

I am going to sound even dumber for this but.....what would that mean? I never had this issue before lol, I always book early saver so I can always check pricing....

On the off-chance it would be chartered it could be a big deal or nothing. Sometimes a group will charter a whole ship and if you are already booked you will be moved to another sailing. Or, a group could just have a lot of cabins on the ship. That could mean venues are closed for them to hold special events or...it could not affect you at all. 

Are you on your roll call? I'd check there to see if anyone has heard anything or if it has been chartered if people from the charter are showing up on the role call. 

My upcoming sailing is a partial charter for a company. A lot of the cabins were sold out way before we expected them to be, but there are still some available.

15 minutes ago, brookie848 said:

On the off-chance it would be chartered it could be a big deal or nothing. Sometimes a group will charter a whole ship and if you are already booked you will be moved to another sailing. Or, a group could just have a lot of cabins on the ship. That could mean venues are closed for them to hold special events or...it could not affect you at all. 

Are you on your roll call? I'd check there to see if anyone has heard anything or if it has been chartered if people from the charter are showing up on the role call. 

My upcoming sailing is a partial charter for a company. A lot of the cabins were sold out way before we expected them to be, but there are still some available.

I am but our roll call on here has literally 3 people including myself, I am hoping it is not chartered bc from the sounds of it that would kind of stink......:classic_dry:

"Disappearing cruises" has been happening for the last week or so on the Carnival website - it is a glitch or similar in their system, and you will find your cruise is almost guaranteed to re-appear in the next day or so.

I dunno what happened, but it seems like when they added the Mardi Gras for availability things went a little awry.

29 minutes ago, Ameyers1988 said:

I am but our roll call on here has literally 3 people including myself, I am hoping it is not chartered bc from the sounds of it that would kind of stink......:classic_dry:

so you don't drive yourself crazy, but ships are rarely privately chartered. Carnival would have contacted you by now, or call them

THis happened to me on Saturday.  Saturday it was missing, and the following week was the start. On Sunday I checked again, my week was showing but the following week disappeared. As someone has mentioned, it is probably a glitch on the carnival site. 

It is definitely a Carnival Glitch.  We were looking at booking a back to back last week.  One day both cruises were there.  A couple days later one was missing.  Then it was back again this weekend.  Today it is gone again along with another cruise for that ship that month.  I called and my PVP said no problem with booking them both.  He did it and now we are booked on a back to back but the second cruise is still not showing up on their website but I have a confirmed reservation and have added the booking to "My Cruise Manager."  

The 1 time I had a cruise cancelled by Carnival the cruise disappeared from "My Cruise Manager".  So if it still in your Cruise Manager I would expect that it is a Carnival site glitch as the reason it isn't showing up and the cruise is still a go.