Make sure they put the payment on the credit card YOU want!

warmwinds

Earlier today I called to make final payment.  Gave her the credit card number one-by-one.

It gets put on the wrong card!  A card I must have used in the past with the same last 4 digits (this is Amex, they do that a lot).

When I noticed and called in they said "we only keep the last 4 digits on file" so how in the world could this have happened?

They are going to reverse the charge, and in 4 hours I can put it onto the correct card.

So just be careful and SAY to them "this is not a card I have used before"...

• Thanks 1

Two active CC from the same company with the same last four digits seems very odd to me.

One of three things may have happened:

1.  Your TA or Celebrity must have actually kept your old number contrary to their policy/statement.  Do you have the old number on your Celebrity profile?

2.  The credit card company mixed up the numbers and put the charge on the wrong card.

3.  You gave them the other numbers by mistake.  (I suspect you are confident that this did not happen)

As you say it is always a good idea to make sure the right card is being used.

• Like 1

Amex really does do this a lot, someone explained it once what their last 4 digits mean...but in this case Celebrity said they do NOT keep numbers on file, ONLY the last 4 digits...so either the agent just saw the last 4 and clicked on that without inputting in the actual numbers, or I don't know what.

And yes I'm sure it wasn't my mistake because I was so careful, this was a new card that I needed to put several thousand on to get the sign up bonus so I was very, very sure.

I just got the call back and it's been sorted, but it was a wake up call.

• Thanks 1