Drinks Package?

JamieLogical

Just returned from a Virgin Voyages invitation only boot camp (for agents). Yes, the bar tab promotion (pre-purchase $300 bar tab, get $100 free for a total of $400) DOES apply to the "Shake for Champagne" and the drink prices all include gratuity, without ANYTHING TO SIGN like other ships where they present you with a check and an extra gratuity line. ALL 20 eateries are included, wifi is included, gratuities are included, group workouts, entertainment and basic beverages are included. 

Well   $7
Absolut, Beefeater, Olmeca Altos Blanco, Buffalo Trace, Bacardi Superior

Call    $9
Tito’s, Tanqueray, Jack Daniels,

Premium $11

Ketel One, Hendricks, Patron Silver, Johnnie Walker Black

Super Premium  $13-$15+ 
Stoli Elit, Hennessey VS, Casamigos Silver

There was quite a bit of information and I am happy to answer any questions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, resstation said:

Just returned from a Virgin Voyages invitation only boot camp (for agents). Yes, the bar tab promotion (pre-purchase $300 bar tab, get $100 free for a total of $400) DOES apply to the "Shake for Champagne" and the drink prices all include gratuity, without ANYTHING TO SIGN like other ships where they present you with a check and an extra gratuity line. ALL 20 eateries are included, wifi is included, gratuities are included, group workouts, entertainment and basic beverages are included. 

Well   $7

Call    $9

Premium $11

Super Premium  $13-$15+ 

Did they mention anything about the drag brunch? Is that still happening? If so, do you know if it will be an upcharge event?

Did they have any anticipation of when the app will be out or onboard experiences will be bookable? I sail in about 35 days and still can’t book anything through the website.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AlyssaJames said:

Did they mention anything about the drag brunch? Is that still happening? If so, do you know if it will be an upcharge event?

Did they have any anticipation of when the app will be out or onboard experiences will be bookable? I sail in about 35 days and still can’t book anything through the website.

Drag Brunch is still happening - they are saying it will be on one of the sea days. No more information available. The app is still not available and they are feverishly testing things out on their current "test" voyage. Since no one has actually been on the ship until last week they are in limbo right now. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, resstation said:

Drag Brunch is still happening - they are saying it will be on one of the sea days. No more information available. The app is still not available and they are feverishly testing things out on their current "test" voyage. Since no one has actually been on the ship until last week they are in limbo right now. 

Thanks! 

5 minutes ago, rbt001 said:

Resstation, did they mention any on board food or entertainment events that WILL have an upcharge, like a dinner show or cooking classes in Test Kitchen?  I don't mean the expected extras, like spa treatments.

Yes, a few of the restaurants will have menu items that will cost extra, like the enormous tomahawk steak at one of the eateries (but the filet, 14 oz rib eye and several other items will be completely free of charge). There are menus "out there". Virgin Voyages - No Kids Cruising is a group I manage on another site. Menus are posted. There will also be a dinner show that will be extra but there is not information that can be shared yet. If this information is not permitted, please let me know. I don't want to step on any toes but want to share the information. In my opinion,  this will be a cruise company unlike any other. I am VERY excited about it.  I just disembarked from the Norwegian Escape on Saturday, and although the cruise was good and the service was great, we were nickel and dimed to death - $30 a day gratuities, $300 wifi, added gratuities on every chargeable item PLUS a blank line for extra gratuities...it was ridiculous. Not to mention the $280 the spa overcharged "by mistake". I am so looking forward to this welcome change. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, resstation said:

Yes, a few of the restaurants will have menu items that will cost extra, like the enormous tomahawk steak at one of the eateries

Dang, not happy to see us starting off on the slippery slope. They’re going to get criticisms for their “all food included” verbiage. This is part of the reason I stopped cruising with NCL.

I’m still cautiously optimistic, but I’ve been defending their high fares in various places with the “all food included” and other inclusive claims.

FWIW the sample menus have been up on the website for a while. 

I think you’re fine sharing the info so far. Where the forum mods will bring the hammer down is if you try to promote your business. But you’ve been around a while so you probably know that. 🙂

7 minutes ago, AlyssaJames said:

Dang, not happy to see us starting off on the slippery slope. They’re going to get criticisms for their “all food included” verbiage. This is part of the reason I stopped cruising with NCL.

I’m still cautiously optimistic, but I’ve been defending their high fares in various places with the “all food included” and other inclusive claims.

FWIW the sample menus have been up on the website for a while. 

I think you’re fine sharing the info so far. Where the forum mods will bring the hammer down is if you try to promote your business. But you’ve been around a while so you probably know that. 🙂

ALL the menu items that have been published thus far are 100% included. For those who choose, there will be "over the top" menu items that can be purchased such as that tomahawk steak, shaved truffles on your pasta, caviar... 

3 minutes ago, resstation said:

ALL the menu items that have been published thus far are 100% included. For those who choose, there will be "over the top" menu items that can be purchased such as that tomahawk steak, shaved truffles on your pasta, caviar... 

I mean, that seems reasonable enough, especially something ridiculous like shaved truffles. I just have PTSD over NCL’s a la carte pricing, I guess. 

13 minutes ago, AlyssaJames said:

I mean, that seems reasonable enough, especially something ridiculous like shaved truffles. I just have PTSD over NCL’s a la carte pricing, I guess. 

Tell me about it! When I saw all the charges on my NCL tab I thought I was going to explode. They add up FAST and it doesn't help that they overcharge and apologize. I'm over it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, resstation said:

Well   $7

Call    $9

Premium $11

Super Premium  $13-$15+ 

Any news on cocktail prices beyond the $9 basic cocktail currently listed on the website?

31 minutes ago, lbruce401 said:

Before you get excited, this is USD! AUD is way more than US. So $10 will actually mean around $15 Australian

Yes, it was super painful that the $300 of bar tab credit I bought yesterday cost me $445 AUD 😭 I’m not looking forward to paying off the cruise balance in April.

1 hour ago, stitchcreek said:

And these for other drinks...

B66FFDF5-F9CA-472D-8C25-01560986AA0D.jpeg

54CDA94D-456A-43E2-AEB1-FFF9B6E985C0.jpeg

56DCA547-B90E-4AE8-9D0E-B7FB5E64668E.jpeg

While I think their drink prices are good, their references for prices at boutique hotels and upscale restauratts prices still seem off. I've rarely seen $10 beers even in places like Miami and San Francisco. I'd say $7 is a more average price for a craft beer

1 hour ago, hotsauce126 said:

While I think their drink prices are good, their references for prices at boutique hotels and upscale restauratts prices still seem off. I've rarely seen $10 beers even in places like Miami and San Francisco. I'd say $7 is a more average price for a craft beer

I disagree. First, the Virgin Voyages prices include gratuity. Second, I was just in NYC a couple of weeks ago, cocktails averaged about $18 and beer about $11. Obviously, we are not talking about the corner pub, but apples to apples. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AlyssaJames said:

I, too, took a sharp breath in when I heard the first mention of an upcharge.  Extra for a Tomahawk Steak?  Well of course:  that's a serious cut of meat, usually intended for two.  Locally, "Tomahawk Tuesday" dinner for two runs $135, so of course an upcharge should be expected.

But the real culprit to fear is the upsell:

• To go with your champagne, how about an order of Saint Agur blue cheese spread on wafers made from wheat grown...(blah blah blah)?  $12
  • Truffle shaving to compliment your pasta? $15
  • Our Cayenne Curry infused chocolate sauce is just $8 atop your dessert.

The delicious dining experiences that are sold as "all inclusive" should be just that.  We shouldn't have to pay extra to get the "Wow."

• Like 2

7 hours ago, resstation said:

Tell me about it! When I saw all the charges on my NCL tab I thought I was going to explode. They add up FAST and it doesn't help that they overcharge and apologize. I'm over it.

Probably the most laughable thing on my last NCL cruise (2018) was the welcome you get at the host stand when dining at Ocean Blue, their new at the time seafood restaurant.  I guess enough guests had already complained that before seating you, they explain that if you paid for the Dining Package then there would be an  extra charge to eat in Ocean Blue.  Additionally, there are a number of items on the menu that each have additional charges if ordered.

So it was the perfect Triple Play:  pay for specialty dining, pay extra for this restaurant, pay extra for this menu item.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hotsauce126 said:

I’m a little disappointed by this too. I was okay with the “$5-6“ beer price we originally saw. But I’m not okay with paying up to $11 for a Lagunitas.