Wine in Main Dining Room

Babynan

11 hours ago, coevan said:

sorry but what does living in UK have to do with your wine preference? 

Hi. We are not what you might call big drinkers:classic_smile:  but we both like this one:

ITALIA SPUMANTE EXTRA DRY PROSECCO.

We always buy it in ASDA here in the UK. I have not seen it on the Walmart site, (which I understand) So all I was asking was recommendations for something similar.

James

On 2/19/2019 at 4:58 AM, Babynan said:

Hi. We are not what you might call big drinkers:classic_smile:  but we both like this one:

ITALIA SPUMANTE EXTRA DRY PROSECCO.

We always buy it in ASDA here in the UK. I have not seen it on the Walmart site, (which I understand) So all I was asking was recommendations for something similar.

James

Try Googling to see if there is information on a substitute.  If you find one - there is a company called "Total Wine" that has stores in Orlando, Cocoa, and Ft Lauderdale  (lots of other cities too)  If they have what you're looking for they even have same day delivery.

1 hour ago, summersigh said:

Try Googling to see if there is information on a substitute.  If you find one - there is a company called "Total Wine" that has stores in Orlando, Cocoa, and Ft Lauderdale  (lots of other cities too)  If they have what you're looking for they even have same day delivery.

Thanks for the information Summersigh, I'll check that out.

On 2/18/2019 at 3:33 PM, Babynan said:

Hi. Being from the UK we both like a nice sweet Prosecco. But I don't know what would be a sweet Prosecco in Walmart or Publix.

Any suggestions?

James

We mostly drink sweet wines, I was a little confused when you later refer to it as "extra dry."  Moscato is a sweet wine that is served on board and generally easily available at US stores.

1 hour ago, pacruise804 said:

We mostly drink sweet wines, I was a little confused when you later refer to it as "extra dry."  Moscato is a sweet wine that is served on board and generally easily available at US stores.

Thanks for the help. I'll look out for Moscato. It sounds like something we would enjoy.

Here in the UK "Extra Dry" Prosecco is usually a sweet sparkling wine. The ITALIA SPUMANTE I mentioned is one that is quite nice. Some of the brands are not as good as others.

Thanks again

James

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Babynan said:

Thanks for the help. I'll look out for Moscato. It sounds like something we would enjoy.

Here in the UK "Extra Dry" Prosecco is usually a sweet sparkling wine. The ITALIA SPUMANTE I mentioned is one that is quite nice. Some of the brands are not as good as others.

Thanks again

James

Moscato comes in both "still" [what's that called in Wine People'ese??] and sparkling varieties, so just make sure you pick up the kind with the champagne-style cork. :) Publix should have plenty of options in the $10-15 range, without making a special trip to Total Wine. (Total Wine is AWESOME if you have time, though.)

On 2/16/2019 at 11:56 AM, Babynan said:

Thanks coevan, I did'nt realise you could take an open bottle to the Dining room. That would be handy as herself drinks a bit more than me. :classic_biggrin:

It will depend on your wait staff! In 24 cruises I’ve only had one tell me to make the bottle disappear or he would charge me the corkage fee!