Seeking info on wine package offered on Ruby

private92656

We will be boarding the beautiful Ruby Princess in couple of days for 10-day journey down to MR.

Debating whether to bring half dozen bottles of reds and whites.

Wondering about onboard wine package offering.

Are they currently offering any package? If so, how is the selection?

Thanks!!

As written it should be available on a 10-day cruise subject to having sufficient inventory onboard.  During the transition to the new wine list it’s been reported they sometimes lack sufficient inventory to offer it.  Also the new wine list only has a couple of wines for the Silver package’s $31 limit so that’s been eliminated.

Here are links to the wine package changes & a PDF of their new dining room wine list.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2614688-new-wine-package-effective-nov-2018-includes-pics-of-previous-packages/

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/beverages/Wine-Menu.pdf

Edited by Astro Flyer

• 3 weeks later...

In this post, last comments on page 3, a poster says he just got off a 10 day Ruby cruise and no wine package was available.

Anyone been on the Ruby on a 10 day plus cruise and had the wine package?  So hoping this is not true, don't want to have to carry on a case.

• 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Sanjanjo said:

How much wine can you bring on board? I thought it was only 2 bottles per cabin.

As many bottles as you want subject to the conditions of their alcohol policy:

”one bottle of wine or champagne per adult of drinking age (no larger than 750 ml) per voyage, which will not be subject to a corkage fee if consumed in the stateroom. Additional wine or champagne bottles are welcome, but will incur a $15 corkage fee each, irrespective of where they are intended to be consumed”

• Like 1

On this subject I have done some research lately, as I am boarding the Ruby for a 12 day cruise this month.  It seems to me there will not be a wine package on the Ruby, know one here has said there was one.  So I have bought a case of wine, 6 red and 6 white, I will carry them on and pay the corkage.  In my searching I was told you can put a luggage tag on and give to the porters.  But I have decided I don't want to have to go to pickup my wine and pay corkage after I'm on board.  I carry a very LARGE rolling carryon, for my sodas etc. anyway.  

• 1 month later...

Thought I would come back and share my experience with everyone.    I decided to carryon my 12 bottles of wine.  Glad I did because there is NO Wine package offered.  This was a 12 day cruise too.  

So I stop at the Alcohol Table to pay my Corkage Fee but there wasn't anyone there.  Soon they started to board around 11:30 and a lady from Princess told me to just board with it.  So on I went.  First stop the MDR for lunch, where I pulled a bottle out of my carry-on.  The waiter took my card and I was charged the $15 fee.  Every night when I brought one to dinner I also paid the corkage fee.  

• Thanks 1

I am surprised there was no wine package available.  We were able to purchase one last month on a seven night cruise and my PVC stated that Princess was looking into having them available even on these shorter cruises.  Well, I sure hope so ... the wine list is now absolutely wonderful!! 

I swear I cannot even see one more glass of Clos Du Bois, once a very middle of the road favorite of mine .... but goodness gracious ... enough is enough!  It's all they were pouring on my previous cruise on Princess.  

4 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

I am surprised there was no wine package available.  We were able to purchase one last month on a seven night cruise and my PVC stated that Princess was looking into having them available even on these shorter cruises.  Well, I sure hope so ... the wine list is now absolutely wonderful!! 

I swear I cannot even see one more glass of Clos Du Bois, once a very middle of the road favorite of mine .... but goodness gracious ... enough is enough!  It's all they were pouring on my previous cruise on Princess.  

We were able to purchase a wine package on our recent 7 day Royal Princess cruise.   I said to the maître d’ that I was happy to purchase it & he replied that he never understood why it was not available on 7 day cruises...I agree.

2 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

We were able to purchase a wine package on our recent 7 day Royal Princess cruise.   I said to the maître d’ that I was happy to purchase it & he replied that he never understood why it was not available on 7 day cruises...I agree.

Just one more reason to love the Royal. 

I sure hope they have this available on all ship and on sailings.  I am so much happier to buy the package than to lug wine along with me, especially if I am flying to the embarkation port.  And, like I said, I was super happy about the new selections.  

25 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Just one more reason to love the Royal. 

I sure hope they have this available on all ship and on sailings.  I am so much happier to buy the package than to lug wine along with me, especially if I am flying to the embarkation port.  And, like I said, I was super happy about the new selections.  

I also like the new wine list & the convenience of not carrying on too many bottles.  And I usually have sufficient non-refundable OBC so it’s free. 😊

• Like 1