Dragon's Fire Zipline = Furious flyer? Name different app vs website

Amberle3

Sorry if this has been asked before, I did a quick search but didn't find anything.

My Royal Caribbean app finally decided to update with my cruise calendar info.  We've booked the Dragon's Fire zipline in Labadee, but in the app it says "Furious Flyer Zipline". When I login to my cruise info on the website it still says "Dragon's Fire Zipline".  Description for both is the same although the photo with "Furious Flyer" doesn't match the description at all.

Boyfriend is now worried because he's been really looking forward to the Dragon's Fire. 

Have the name of the excursion changed? Is there anything we should be worried about? 

I've seen the same misleading names before. 

There are two zip lines now at Labadee.  The original "Dragon's Breath Flight Line" is a 'sit down'  experience (right below).   

Last year they pulled two new cables right beside the original zip lines and build a new landing zone to create the "Fire Flight" a 'superman' or lay flat zip line (left below).

"Furious Flyer" was briefly used when the new lay flat zip experience was first introduced and then changed to "Fire Flight".  However since this is powered by Royal IT the Furious Flyer name still pops up here and there. 

"Fire Flight" and "Furious Fyler" are one and the same.

381806080_labadeezip.jpeg.160b124d29af7156d121e7dd05d3a982.jpeg

1388251236_LabadeeFurious.jpeg.4829171db76ef4671a6f1cdc4438e948.jpeg

Edited by twangster
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, twangster said:

I've seen the same misleading names before. 

There are two zip lines now at Labadee.  The original "Dragon's Breath Flight Line" is a 'sit down'  experience (right below).   

Last year they pulled two new cables right beside the original zip lines and build a new landing zone to create the "Fire Flight" a 'superman' or lay flat zip line (left below).

"Furious Flyer" was briefly used when the new lay flat zip experience was first introduced and then changed to "Fire Flight".  However since this is powered by Royal IT the Furious Flyer name still pops up here and there. 

"Fire Flight" and "Furious Fyler" are one and the same.

381806080_labadeezip.jpeg.160b124d29af7156d121e7dd05d3a982.jpeg

1388251236_LabadeeFurious.jpeg.4829171db76ef4671a6f1cdc4438e948.jpeg

Awesome, thank you so much - this is exactly what I was looking for.

We went back and forth between booking the Breath and the Fire zipline and decided on the Fire because it was different (well anything will be different for me, I've never done one but the BF has).  But looking in the app tonight it had the Furious Flyer name and a totally different picture that looks like a regular zipline.  Good to know it should still be what we actually booked!

Screenshot_20190216-212229_Royal.jpg

None of the zip lines at Labadee require hand braking like that photo.  That looks like a stock zip line photo from who knows where.   I did a zip line in Chile like that and it's a lot more technical - you have to regulate your speed with one hand.  The ones in Labadee just about anyone can do, you are really just a passenger along for the ride.

Just to be safe, when you board the ship go to shore excursions and have them confirm. 

Edited by twangster