Extra costs

Organum

I am looking at a Cunard QM2 cruise for next January but find details of costs difficult to pin down.

Two major potential costs are gratuities and booze. I cannot find the gratuities situation on the Cunard website. 

Can someone advise as over 56days if a daily charge it could be substantial money.

I also cannot find drinks packages.

Many thanks

Richard

21 minutes ago, Organum said:

I am looking at a Cunard QM2 cruise for next January but find details of costs difficult to pin down.

Two major potential costs are gratuities and booze. I cannot find the gratuities situation on the Cunard website. 

Can someone advise as over 56days if a daily charge it could be substantial money.

I also cannot find drinks packages.

Many thanks

Richard

The gratuities will be $13.50 per person, per day Grills, $11.50 per person per day all other. The drinks packages are a Beers, Wines and Spirits Option ($69* per person per day), a Premium Soft Drinks Option ($29* per person per day), a Soft Drinks Option ($10* per person per day) and a Speciality Hot drinks option ($15* per person per day). These prices are inclusive of 15% bar service charge. Some cruises are offered with 'free' alcoholic drinks of $12.50 per. Your Travel Agent can help with that. 

I hope this helps. Bon Voyage

10 minutes ago, Bigmike911 said:

The gratuities will be $13.50 per person, per day Grills, $11.50 per person per day all other. The drinks packages are a Beers, Wines and Spirits Option ($69* per person per day), a Premium Soft Drinks Option ($29* per person per day), a Soft Drinks Option ($10* per person per day) and a Speciality Hot drinks option ($15* per person per day). These prices are inclusive of 15% bar service charge. Some cruises are offered with 'free' alcoholic drinks of $12.50 per. Your Travel Agent can help with that. 

I hope this helps. Bon Voyage

This is only a privilege that happens in the US we very rarely if at all get "free drinks packages" in the UK.

• Like 1

Thanks guys. At the Cruise Exhibition in London one of the presenters said this was common practice in the US but less so in the UK.

Seems a lot but in the scheme of things maybe less so!

Edited by Organum

54 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

This is only a privilege that happens in the US we very rarely if at all get "free drinks packages" in the UK.

It does happen sometimes. A couple of Christmases ago, we had a free drinks in the Grills offer.

17 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

It does happen sometimes. A couple of Christmases ago, we had a free drinks in the Grills offer.

17 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

It does very rarely where it is a regular offer in US. We booked on QE for a cruise in Queens Grill and soon after we booked it they offered a "free drinks package" and was initially upset but then realised if I had booked the same suite the price of cruise had gone up over £600pp so wasnt really a "free drinks package". They also seem to get free gratuities offered a lot in US which we never get offered in UK.

Edited by majortom10