Anthem differences among interior cabin price levels

KarateLois

We are about to book an interior cabin on RCCL Anthem of the Seas. Our agent offered us a 4U cabin. We looked at the photos and it look like there is barely any room between the bed and the wall. We were researching whether there are larger interior cabins and found levels 1U, 2U, 3U, but all are the exact same square footage and are described exactly the same though 1, 2, and 3 are slightly ( about $25) more expensive. Does anybody know the difference?

Edited by KarateLois

37 minutes ago, KarateLois said:

We are about to book an interior cabin on RCCL Anthem of the Seas. Our agent offered us a 4U cabin. We looked at the photos and it look like there is barely any room between the bed and the wall. We were researching whether there are larger interior cabins and found levels 1U, 2U, 3U, but all are the exact same square footage and are described exactly the same though 1, 2, and 3 are slightly ( about $25) more expensive. Does anybody know the difference?

The only difference is the location and the number of guests that it  holds. Sq footage is the same. 

6 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The only difference is the location and the number of guests that it  holds. Sq footage is the same. 

All Anthem inside cabins are not created equal.  I just stayed in 12663 for 12 days.  It’s a square cabin with lots of space around the bed and a nice virtual balcony - about 12-13 x 12- 13. The bathroom is an additional rectangular area (2.5-3 ft x 6 ft with a comfortable rectangular shower with just a glass door.  Lots of storage and 9 big drawers.  TV and small desk/makeup area with lighted make up mirror.  The only possible negative is that it has a single comfortable chair instead of a couch.

Look at the deck maps - these cabins are obviously different and are located mid ships and aft on deck 12 and I believe somewhere on deck 11.  I will research after work and post back.

4 minutes ago, 138east said:

All Anthem inside cabins are not created equal.  I just stayed in 12663 for 12 days.  It’s a square cabin with lots of space around the bed and a nice virtual balcony - about 12-13 x 12- 13. The bathroom is an additional rectangular area (2.5-3 ft x 6 ft with a comfortable rectangular shower with just a glass door.  Lots of storage and 9 big drawers.  TV and small desk/makeup area with lighted make up mirror.  The only possible negative is that it has a single comfortable chair instead of a couch.

Look at the deck maps - these cabins are obviously different and are located mid ships and aft on deck 12 and I believe somewhere on deck 11.  I will research after work and post back.

Yes I forgot about those odd shaped cabins on deck 12.  (Also a couple on 13).

I was comparing categories and difference between categories and should have included those.  Those different cabins are differences within a category, which makes it even harder to distinguish for someone booking as Royals description does not mention these cabins at all and you need to be looking at a deck plan to see them. 

The main difference bwtween the categories is still location amd number of occupants 

The square cabins are only for 2 people. They feel good - like regular house bedrooms with an en-suite bathroom that does not jut into the room. The shower is large. Good access to the pool deck. Halls are quiet. An entirely different feel from the longer more narrow insides. 

14 hours ago, KarateLois said:

We have stayed in interior cabins front, mid-ship and aft. We have also stayed in D7 balconies front and aft. There was no real noticeable differences in the actual room sizes between any of those interiors and D7 balconies. The main difference for interior price in my experience is the locations with mid-ship being the highest, followed by those closest to the stairwells and elevators.

Edited by WeatherFx

Thanks for the input everyone. We decided to pay a little extra to move up from a 4U to a 2U interior and have been assigned to 12265. It looks like the same size as shape as 12663, just on the other side of the ship, so I'm glad you liked it 138east. We'll be on the ship 12 days, too. If you have any photos of the interior of your cabin, I'd love to see them.

Edited by KarateLois