Roll Call Troubles Question

few weeks ago I created (at least tried to create) a roll call for my August 17 Breeze sailing.  Today I went to check on it to see if anyone had joined it, but when I searched it in "Find my Roll Call," I found nothing.  On the other hand, it is under the threads for Carnival Breeze roll calls.  I have never created a roll call before, so I am wondering what I incorrectly did.  I am positive I published it.  Has anyone else ever had this experience?  If so, how did you fix it?  Can a host or moderator perhaps help me?  Thank you in advance!

20 minutes ago, Allura_317 said:

few weeks ago I created (at least tried to create) a roll call for my August 17 Breeze sailing.  Today I went to check on it to see if anyone had joined it, but when I searched it in "Find my Roll Call," I found nothing.  On the other hand, it is under the threads for Carnival Breeze roll calls.  I have never created a roll call before, so I am wondering what I incorrectly did.  I am positive I published it.  Has anyone else ever had this experience?  If so, how did you fix it?  Can a host or moderator perhaps help me?  Thank you in advance!

If you look to the right hand column on the main page here, you'll see that the Roll Call Finder tool is NOT working right now. 

Did you try to create the Roll Call by using the "Find Your Roll Call" link?  Then, chances are, it's not there.

Or did you actually go to the Carnival Roll Calls forum and create a new thread there?

EDIT:  I went to the Carnival Breeze Roll Calls forum and found this roll call:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2631124-carnival-breeze-august-17-2019/

So it's there, you just need to wait for other to look for, and find, it.

I will point out, even if the "Find Your Roll Call" link were working, your roll call would not be picked up by it.  You've incorrectly formatted the date.  Not putting a space between the "-" and the "August" means the finder took can't recognize it.

Edited by Shmoo here

12 minutes ago, Shmoo here said:

If you look to the right hand column on the main page here, you'll see that the Roll Call Finder tool is NOT working right now. 

Did you try to create the Roll Call by using the "Find Your Roll Call" link?  Then, chances are, it's not there.

Or did you actually go to the Carnival Roll Calls forum and create a new thread there?

EDIT:  I went to the Carnival Breeze Roll Calls forum and found this roll call:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2631124-carnival-breeze-august-17-2019/

So it's there, you just need to wait for other to look for, and find, it.

I will point out, even if the "Find Your Roll Call" link were working, your roll call would not be picked up by it.  You've incorrectly formatted the date.  Not putting a space between the "-" and the "August" means the finder took can't recognize it.

Thanks for letting me know it's not working!  I must have accidentally not done the space, whoops!  Is there a way I can edit the title?  Or would a moderator have to do that?  Thanks for your help!

12 minutes ago, Allura_317 said:

Thanks for letting me know it's not working!  I must have accidentally not done the space, whoops!  Is there a way I can edit the title?  Or would a moderator have to do that?  Thanks for your help!

Well, even editing it won't trigger the Finder tool.  Once a roll call is set up, that's how the system see it (how it was set up originally).  

Only option, if you want to change it, is to contact help@cruisecritic.com and ask them to change it.  But, it's just easier to ask them to add the roll call to the finder tool.  HOWEVER, the finder tool isn't working right now, so I doubt that would be done.

Just hang in there.  Others will be along.  Many roll calls don't get going until 2-3 months out from a cruise.

Edited by Shmoo here
  • Thanks 1