First time MSC cruise

Amaya042605

I have cruised on a couple RCC and on the Norwegian.  I am looking at the Meraviglia and I am a little skeptical. I have been reading a lot of reviews and my questions are:

1. Can you get tap water in the MDR? If not, what complimentary drink can you get?

2. When I book (with a travel agent), will my cabin be guaranteed? Can I pick my room?

3. Is there any other complimentary places to eat other than the MDR and market place buffet?

4. Does anyone have a picture of the MDR menu? How many appetizers, main courses and desserts are there to choose from?

5. How is the food in the MDR and buffet?

6. Is there a teen club?

thank you for your advice

11 hours ago, Amaya042605 said:

I have cruised on a couple RCC and on the Norwegian.  I am looking at the Meraviglia and I am a little skeptical. I have been reading a lot of reviews and my questions are:

1. Can you get tap water in the MDR? If not, what complimentary drink can you get?

2. When I book (with a travel agent), will my cabin be guaranteed? Can I pick my room?

3. Is there any other complimentary places to eat other than the MDR and market place buffet?

4. Does anyone have a picture of the MDR menu? How many appetizers, main courses and desserts are there to choose from?

5. How is the food in the MDR and buffet?

6. Is there a teen club?

The only question I can answer for you is #6: yes there is a teen club on board. We always sail in the Yacht Club with MSC because the price really can't be beat when compared with everything you get. In the Yacht Club, you'll have access to a private restaurant just for YC passengers. All drinks (including alcoholic beverages - not including "Premium spirits" are included), wich includes as much water as you can drink all over the ship. If you book with a YC suite with a TA, yes your room will be guaranteed and you'll be able to select the room that best fits your desires.

12 hours ago, Amaya042605 said:

Here a a few MSC answers:

1. Can you get tap water in the MDR? If not, what complimentary drink can you get?  We were provided with water at our meals.

2. When I book (with a travel agent), will my cabin be guaranteed? Can I pick my room? You or your agent can choose a cabin unless you book at a rate (often the lowest one in some categories.) Do a mock booking to see what is available.

3. Is there any other complimentary places to eat other than the MDR and market place buffet? Not sure on the Mergovilia.  On the Divina, passengers could go to the deli at Piazza del Doge or the Sports Bar for snacks.

4. Does anyone have a picture of the MDR menu? How many appetizers, main courses and desserts are there to choose from?  Do a search, someone posted one.

5. How is the food in the MDR and buffet? Most people think it is fine, but that is a very subjective question.

22 minutes ago, Amaya042605 said:

I have read other posts and they said u do not get tap water at dinner. Do they offer complimentary lemonade like other ships do?

If you are on a US booking, water and coffee in the dining room is included. I can't tell where you are. It's country-specific.  You'll find lots of pictures and info about the ship here https://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=996

water.PNG

Edited by SeaTheW0rld

In the buffet areas there are juices until noon, then iced tea and lemonade.  Free.  They will fill you glasses at dinner with cold water from a pitcher.  Ice doesn't seem to be necessary to them.   I can post menus for six of the seven night cruise on Seaside Feb. 9-16, 2019 (we skipped one night as we ate too much ashore).

First night:

enhance

enhance

MDR breakfast

enhance

enhance

Second night

enhance

enhance

Third night

enhance

enhance

Fourth Night

enhance

enhance

Fifth night

enhance

enhance

Sixth night missing

Seventh (last) night

enhance

enhance

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Amaya042605 said:

I do notice, in looking at the menu, that they do not have a surf and turf night. 

Many cruise lines have done away with surf and turf nights. You will find surf and turf comes with an additional price on MSC.  See the menus above. 

I would say that 60% of the food on MSC is "American Food."

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Markanddonna said:

Many cruise lines have done away with surf and turf nights. You will find surf and turf comes with an additional price on MSC.  See the menus above. 

I would say that 60% of the food on MSC is "American Food."

While serving the American markets in the Caribbean, I would say you are correct.  I wonder if it's any different in other markets.