Bodden tours

prinn4953

On 2/21/2019 at 9:24 AM, prinn4953 said:

We were thinking of doing a tour with this tour operator.   Has anyone not gotten back to the ship on time, with this tour operator.  Thank you

we used them 2 years ago for a private tour.  they were great and they have good reviews from everyone across this site.  we didn't have any issues getting back and i haven't seen any complaints on this site about missing the boat.  The island is small, so i don't really see that many ways you could miss the boat like other locations that have long drives and such.

11 hours ago, bstel said:

we used them 2 years ago for a private tour.  they were great and they have good reviews from everyone across this site.  we didn't have any issues getting back and i haven't seen any complaints on this site about missing the boat.  The island is small, so i don't really see that many ways you could miss the boat like other locations that have long drives and such.

Thank you very much

There is a lot of road construction on the island right now.  They allowed plenty of time for us to get back in time but we did sit in one spot for almost 30 minutes.  It usually takes 30 minutes to get back from the beach.  We left at 3:00 and were back by 4:00.  All aboard time was 4:30 so we still had half an hour.  They had a very long section of road that was only open for traffic in one direction at a time.  We happened to catch it at the wrong time.  I hope this helps!

I highly recommend Bodden Tours I have used them twice in the past 5 years and will use them again this fall.  The last time, we hired a driver for the day and the main office was in contact with our driver to make sure that we were headed back to the ship.  They are very aware of the timing and will make sure that they get you back in plenty of time.  Hope this helps for your planning.

We used Bodden for the second time last week.  Joanne driver both times and highly recommend her.  Especially if you have young kids.  She took good care of us.  Very aware of the time and road conditions.  We had complicated requests this time with our group splitting up doing different activities and she did an amazing job.  Roatan is my favorite cruise port and this is a great way to see the island and get a lot of activities in a short amount of time.  

Thanks to all of the good recommendations on CC for Bodden Tours, we booked their Fun n Sun tour for our trip there last week while on Carnival Freedom.  I was just about to write a seperate review, but figured it made sense to put more information onto an existing thread.

On their website, they offer a few different tours, or you can do a custom one on your own with them.  We settled on the Fun n Sun because we were really intrigued with seeing and holding the sloths and monkeys.  So much fun.  Would absolutely do this tour again.  The young man who became our tour guide around the animals was very knowledgable, polite and a pleasure to be with.  

The email communications I received were great!!!  I printed out all of the emails I had received to take with on our cruise.  Since we were on Carnival, we were docked at Mahogany Bay.  Victor had sent me a small map of our port along with very good instructions for where we needed to walk.  Since Mahogany Bay is a Carnival built/run port, they control who gets in there.  Only Carnival tours are allowed to pick anyone up in the port area.  We had to walk to the far end of the shop area and exit past the security gate.  Down the road a bit more was a gathering area for all of the local tour companies.  We found Bodden Tours pretty quickly and were paired up with a family of 6.  Our driver was Elliott and we all felt very safe with him.  Our first stop was to see the Sloths, Monkeys and other animals.  This was amazing.  I can't wait to go back to see the monkeys and sloths again.  From there he took us to West Bay for our beach time.  We had nice lounge chairs at Bananarama.  We were there by 10 am.  Elliott asked us how long we wanted to stay at the beach.  It was entirely up to us.  The other family thought their all-aboard time was 4:30.  Ours was 5:30.  With traffic and all of the road construction we wanted to allow a good hour to get back to our port, so we decided to leave at 2:00.  That gave us a full 4 hours at the beach.  Beautiful white sand beach.  Absolutely loved it.  The only downside at all was the massive number of local venders trying to sell you bracelets, massages, hair braiding, hammocks, hats, t-shirts, etc all day long.  We all ordered some food for lunch before leaving the beach.  I think the tour drivers like the beach part the best, because they were all sitting together and enjoying time with each other.  Elliott took us a different route going back to our ship so that we could see more of the island.  He showed us the area where most of the locals all live.  We asked him all sorts of questions about schools, and he knew everything.  We felt completely safe all day with Elliott.  He had us back to Mahogany Bay by 3:00 as planned.  We tipped him well for a great day.  We also tipped the young man who gave us the great tours of the animals.

The Fun n Sun tour cost us $30 per person.  For a full day, we thought it was a great price.  That's why we tipped our tour guide very well.  This is the 3rd tour that was highly recommended to us on CC, and the 3rd time that we were very pleased with our tour.  I give Victor Bodden Tours a full 5 stars.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/1/2019 at 10:49 PM, jean-lynd said:

There is a lot of road construction on the island right now.  They allowed plenty of time for us to get back in time but we did sit in one spot for almost 30 minutes.  It usually takes 30 minutes to get back from the beach.  We left at 3:00 and were back by 4:00.  All aboard time was 4:30 so we still had half an hour.  They had a very long section of road that was only open for traffic in one direction at a time.  We happened to catch it at the wrong time.  I hope this helps!

Thank you very much

On 3/18/2019 at 2:21 AM, PlanoDebbie said:

Thanks to all of the good recommendations on CC for Bodden Tours, we booked their Fun n Sun tour for our trip there last week while on Carnival Freedom.  I was just about to write a seperate review, but figured it made sense to put more information onto an existing thread.

On their website, they offer a few different tours, or you can do a custom one on your own with them.  We settled on the Fun n Sun because we were really intrigued with seeing and holding the sloths and monkeys.  So much fun.  Would absolutely do this tour again.  The young man who became our tour guide around the animals was very knowledgable, polite and a pleasure to be with.  

The email communications I received were great!!!  I printed out all of the emails I had received to take with on our cruise.  Since we were on Carnival, we were docked at Mahogany Bay.  Victor had sent me a small map of our port along with very good instructions for where we needed to walk.  Since Mahogany Bay is a Carnival built/run port, they control who gets in there.  Only Carnival tours are allowed to pick anyone up in the port area.  We had to walk to the far end of the shop area and exit past the security gate.  Down the road a bit more was a gathering area for all of the local tour companies.  We found Bodden Tours pretty quickly and were paired up with a family of 6.  Our driver was Elliott and we all felt very safe with him.  Our first stop was to see the Sloths, Monkeys and other animals.  This was amazing.  I can't wait to go back to see the monkeys and sloths again.  From there he took us to West Bay for our beach time.  We had nice lounge chairs at Bananarama.  We were there by 10 am.  Elliott asked us how long we wanted to stay at the beach.  It was entirely up to us.  The other family thought their all-aboard time was 4:30.  Ours was 5:30.  With traffic and all of the road construction we wanted to allow a good hour to get back to our port, so we decided to leave at 2:00.  That gave us a full 4 hours at the beach.  Beautiful white sand beach.  Absolutely loved it.  The only downside at all was the massive number of local venders trying to sell you bracelets, massages, hair braiding, hammocks, hats, t-shirts, etc all day long.  We all ordered some food for lunch before leaving the beach.  I think the tour drivers like the beach part the best, because they were all sitting together and enjoying time with each other.  Elliott took us a different route going back to our ship so that we could see more of the island.  He showed us the area where most of the locals all live.  We asked him all sorts of questions about schools, and he knew everything.  We felt completely safe all day with Elliott.  He had us back to Mahogany Bay by 3:00 as planned.  We tipped him well for a great day.  We also tipped the young man who gave us the great tours of the animals.

The Fun n Sun tour cost us $30 per person.  For a full day, we thought it was a great price.  That's why we tipped our tour guide very well.  This is the 3rd tour that was highly recommended to us on CC, and the 3rd time that we were very pleased with our tour.  I give Victor Bodden Tours a full 5 stars.

Thank you very helpful

On 2/24/2019 at 8:40 PM, bstel said:

Thank you for your help

On 3/11/2019 at 2:27 PM, Dan83 said:

We used Bodden for the second time last week.  Joanne driver both times and highly recommend her.  Especially if you have young kids.  She took good care of us.  Very aware of the time and road conditions.  We had complicated requests this time with our group splitting up doing different activities and she did an amazing job.  Roatan is my favorite cruise port and this is a great way to see the island and get a lot of activities in a short amount of time.  

Thank you

On 2/24/2019 at 8:40 PM, bstel said:

thank you