Beach with a nice restaurant

nycatty35

My wife and I will be visiting for the day on a cruise in March. We don’t want to sight see, but would love to find a place to spend the day on the beach and have great lunch. Hotel with a day pass could work, but really want something low key and special. Thoughts would be appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...

A couple of years ago we visited St Barths on a cruise. We rented a car and drove from beach to beach, bar to bar. My favorite stop was at Flamand Beach. It was gorgeous! We met a couple on the beach that was staying at The Flamand Beach Hotel and said they had a lovely restaurant. We wandered over and discovered a group from our cruise having lunch. They were so surprised to see us because they had made reservations months in advance and we had just stumbled in. We were lucky they had a table for us and I have to say it was the most wonderful day and the food was fantastic! We had a delightful bottle of rosé from Provence that paired nicely with our seafood. Here is the link: http://www.flamandbeachhotel.com/en/restaurant/index.html

Here is a photo of the gazpacho we had that day. We also had fresh fish and crab too. 

077F2939-1E36-4C84-B4C0-299F40FF21AC.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Our favorite beach restaurant in St Barts is the Sand Bar at Eden Rock. The resort was largely destroyed in the hurricane and I believe they are about to reopen in the next few months. 

The restaurant itself is run by Jean-Georges and is right on the beach. Super expensive but perfect vibe and nice balance of health conscious and comfort foods (think great salads, homemade pizzas, and a killer burger). Not sure if it will be reopened by the time you get there but its a quick taxi ride up over the hill past the airport from town.