Dragon's Breath Coaster - Labadee

carnival03

We are looking at this also.  How do you get to the top?  I am afraid of heights but have done the zip line and was ago.  Just didn't like the jerking at the bottom stops on the zip line.  Wondering about the wait, also.  Thanks.

45 minutes ago, Maine48 said:

We are looking at this also.  How do you get to the top?  I am afraid of heights but have done the zip line and was ago.  Just didn't like the jerking at the bottom stops on the zip line.  Wondering about the wait, also.  Thanks.

A cable pulls your cart to the top, very similar to an actual coaster. You control the speed. Theres two handle bars, one on each side, that you press down to go and release upward to break. Although I've never been to the one in Labadee, we have one at a ski resort in Maryland. 

• Like 1

We never waited in line longer than 30 minutes, but I have read posts of people waiting 1+ hours in line.  The lines are much shorter at the beginning and end of the day.  You can literally walk right up and get on a cart an hour or so before the All Aboard.  A lot also depends on the attendant who tells people when they can go.  One guy was joking and talking to people and he would forget to tell people to go on time so the line got long with him.  The All Day Pass is a good value if you plan to go more than once - you can also take passengers (adults or kids) with you for free.  The coaster is much more thrilling than the zip line, in my opinion, and when we return we will get the All Day Pass again, unless it is crazy expensive.

• Like 2

They do sell out of the All Day passes on the website, but I think they are available once you get to Labadee at the same place you get your wristband and sign your waivers.  Also, if you plan to take a free passenger along, the passenger has to have a (free) wristband too.  I think that is to show the people manning the ride that they have signed a waiver.

• 3 months later...

We just rode the coaster on our May 5th Allure sailing this year.

After we docked  (We left the ship as soon as they would let us)  and dropped our beach bags off on some loungers we walked to the check-in counter for the coaster.

The attendant  asked us if we had reservations, we said no.

He goes ok, I'll take your sea pass cards, and fill out these waivers.

Once completed we got our single ride wrist band and walked to the coaster.

There was no line.

We boarded the car, (Individual), watched the  safety video, and off we went.

Loved it.

When we got off we looked and maybe there were 4 or 5 people in line.

Glad we rode it early, the line can get long with those that have all day pass, and reservations.

Enjoy, we did.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2019 at 11:20 PM, samanthadavis said:

A little late but for others. We are going in November. The Dragons Tail Coaster is showing at $26 for single ride and $30 for all day. That's a no brainer I guess. lol

I just booked it for my roommate.... single ride is $26 and the all-day pass is $26.99!!!! 

Now THAT is a no-brainer!  😂

Was really looking forward to doing this on our May 23rd sailing aboard Anthem of the Seas. Unfortunately, the coaster was out of service and it was cloudy spitting rain. Nonetheless, we tried to make the best of it by sitting in our loungers drinking labadoozies.  

• Like 1