Equinox docked at OM pier in Key West this am

Sonoma fans

Does anyone know why the Equinox was docked at the unfavorable outer mole (OM)pier vice Pier B that they usually dock at closer to Mallory square in Key West this AM. The Oosterdam was docking at Pier B. Curious as we will be on this itinerary in 2 weeks. We will be only ship in Key West so hoping we will be at Pier B.

Really, it’s no big deal.  They’ll bring the sightseeing touist ‘trains’ by to transport pax into town and back.  A little less convenient than walking off directly into Mallory Square but you do get a bit of a free sightseeing tour as compensation!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sonoma fans said:

Does anyone know why the Equinox was docked at the unfavorable outer mole (OM)pier vice Pier B that they usually dock at closer to Mallory square in Key West this AM. The Oosterdam was docking at Pier B. Curious as we will be on this itinerary in 2 weeks. We will be only ship in Key West so hoping we will be at Pier B.

The Key West Cruise ship calendar shows that Oosterdam should have been at the Outer Mole and Equinox at B.

In two weeks, when DH and I will join you on your cruise, the calendar shows Equinox is the only ship and should dock at B.

I hope so; docking at the Outer Mole isn't the end of the world, but it's certainly less convenient, especially for people trying to meet up with private tour guides.

36 minutes ago, hrhdhd said:

In two weeks, when DH and I will join you on your cruise, the calendar shows Equinox is the only ship and should dock at B.

Can you tell me how many ships will be in Key West on March 24 and where the equinox will be docked?

6 minutes ago, ipomoeagirl@gmail.com said:

I believe part of Mallory Square is still being repaired from the damage done back in late November.  The Silversea Silver Spirit made contact with several pilings during high winds.  At the time, repair work was estimated to take approximately 3 months.

We were on Edge February 4th in Key West and docked Mallory Square.  They were working on the pier, but it did not interfere with access from the ship.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RICCruisers said:

We were on Edge February 4th in Key West and docked Mallory Square.  They were working on the pier, but it did not interfere with access from the ship.

The schedule shows you docked at Pier B, not at Mallory Square. They are technically two different docks.

https://www.cityofkeywest-fl.gov/egov/apps/services/index.egov?view=detail;id=86

6 hours ago, hrhdhd said:

The schedule shows you docked at Pier B, not at Mallory Square. They are technically two different docks.

https://www.cityofkeywest-fl.gov/egov/apps/services/index.egov?view=detail;id=86

I just looked at the map and you are correct. It was about 2 minutes to walk to Mallory Square once we got off the ship so I figured it was Mallory Square. Sorry for the error. First time in KW on a cruise. They were doing some work there building a wooden cover over the walkway from the ship to the Little shopping area.