My Time Dining / Family Dining question on Indy

cdld10210

Hello everyone!

Two questions:

1) We are set for My Time Dining - does that mean we have to reserve a specific time in one of the MDRs? Or, do we just walk in?

2) Second question - I've heard about something called "Family Time Dining" - can someone please tell me what this is and how it works? Is it available on every ship?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Reservations are not mandatory for My Time, you can just show up whenever you like.

My understanding of My Family Time dining is that you have to be assigned to early fixed (traditional) dining.  They feed the kids in the first 45 minutes and then take the kids to Adventure Ocean. 

You don’t have to have reservations but I always make reservations because the line for people without reservations  an be quite long. Especially if you are a smaller party and wish to be seated by yourself. 

Thanks 

Family Dining ---- yeah 

We tried it and were basically told by several people in the dining room they didn't know what it was, and it didn't exist.

My wife and I were super excited about the premise --

1 version ) your kids eat with adventure ocean staff entirely and then staff takes them to AO and keeps them for the night.

so you and your spouse can do a specialty dining night.

It exists but talk to the AO staff, not the dining room or guest services.  no one knew it existed except AO staff.

2nd version) you go to dining room  and the wait staff works super hard to serve the kids first and fast.  nuggets and mac and cheese brought out quickly.   You all eat together.  Parents do first course with kids,   then kids all go to dining room main entrance where AO staff picks them up and then wisks them away to AO and you and the spouse can keep eating on your own.

I've been on ships where this exists and on ships, Indy being one of them, where they look at you like you have 17 heads.

MY advice again, talk to AO. find out what time AO will come to pick up the kids at main dining room and where.

When you're seated tell both waiter and head waiter, kids will be picked up by AO staff at 5:45pm or whatever time it is.  and you need them served, fed and finished by that time.   Usually once you do that, it's no problem. 

17 hours ago, cdld10210 said:

Hello everyone!

Two questions:

1) We are set for My Time Dining - does that mean we have to reserve a specific time in one of the MDRs? Or, do we just walk in?  Either or.   sometimes if you have a large party, you can be waiting without reservation.  

2) Second question - I've heard about something called "Family Time Dining" - can someone please tell me what this is and how it works? Is it available on every ship?  its tied to  early Traditional seating.  basically they serve the kids faster and then  the kid's club counselors come and fetch them  so you can finish dessert and coffee in peace.  

Thanks in advance for the help!

we do make reservations for MTD.  we tend to split the difference between early and late seating( we don't  do the shows so that timing isn't a factor for us)  you will usually get the same  section/waitstaff  even on MTD.