Carnival Transfer from/to airport in New York

schwesterellibelli

We seldom use the Carnival shuttle as most of the time cabs or Uber to/from any cruise port to airport are the best option. However in May 2018 we disembarked in New York after a TA and used the Carnival shuttle which I felt was a better option for us - anticipated lots of traffic - wanted some reassurance that Carnival shuttle would guarantee getting us to airport on time. 

I think depending on the price of the shuttle I might do it for peace of mind. I am from NY (Long Island) when you get off the ship in NY, it is crazy. The taxi line across the highway is a mile long. Last year when we got off of NCL, uber was charging $60 to go to Penn Station, which is maybe 20 blocks away? I can't imagine what they were charging to go to the airports. The shuttle is right there, you don't have to cross the street and there is no worrying about the cost. Good Luck!

Hopefully things have changed since I disembarked the Vista in 2016. I took the Carnival transfer to LGA and it was a cluster****. I had  3:00 pm flight and was running to the gate to make my flight. There was no direction on what busses were going where and the bus drivers were confused also. Like I said, hopefully it’s gotten better, but I would suggest alternate transport.

3 hours ago, JimmyTheSaint said:

We did the transatlantic on Horizon last year and got a taxi from the ship to LGA. The cost was about $45 and took about 50 minutes. The wait for the taxi in the taxi stand across the street from the cruise terminal took twice as long as the ride.

I agree about the  taxi line- I saw it and thought forget that. And with luggage it wasn't  easy getting across the street. I  guess the pricing and how  long it takes to go  to the airport would depend on the day of the week.