Closet part of 7 mile beach to port

chellencrette

Which section of 7 mile beach is closet to port?  Was hoping to do a stingray city, snorkeling, and starfish beach tour but that doesn't leave much time to check out 7 mile beach on our own (in port from 7:30 to 3:00).  Wondering which section is closet to port and how long we would need to allow to get back to the pier?  TIA!

I can't really help you às we grabbed a bus to calico jacks. Most people seem to head there or Royal Palms, next door. I think it's to avoid being hassled by other vendors. Bear in mind that Georgetown is a tender port and your last tender will probably leave the pier at 2.15 or so. You're trying to pack a lot in. Ken

Well, the  beach is to the left of the tender pier, (facing land)...and runs for about 6+ miles (it's not actually 7 miles long!)..  Yes..the Calico Jack area is nice, with all the facilities you might want.....food/drink, restrooms, lounger/umbrella rentals, watersport rentals....

The bus will drop you ($2.50 pp) and when you're done, walk the few steps to the road, and the next bus will take you back again.  Very easy!  Since the beaches are narrow, you will easily be able to see the road and how the traffic is running.  While it's not far back to port, traffic does move slowly in the afternoon, so give yourself 1 hour to get back....just in case!

• Like 1

We wanted to do the same thing and even picked a shorter stingray tour to try and do so.  I have read that sometimes the operators will actually drop you off at the beach after the tour so that might save some time.  We are going to play it by ear but are thinking we may just have a nice lunch somewhere instead so that we aren't rushed.  Glad to know we need to allow an hour to get back though, I did not know that.  So we will only have 11-1 and I'm not sure that's enough time to go to the beach or if it's worth trying to do so.

Edited by Beachiekeen

have you looked at a map?

the tender landing area used most often is ruffly 1.3 miles from the south end of what's generally considered "7 Mile Beach'

as mentioned, most tour operators will drop you off somewhere on 7 Mile after an excursion if asked . . .

and btw if your stop is 7 to 3 ...... you will NOT have a lot of time to play around if doing a tour that includes:  stingray city, snorkeling, and starfish beach {IMO}

I'm guessing you'll be heading directly back to the ship

If I'm wrong, check out Guy Harvey's place water side

https://guyharveys.ky/

or

http://paradiserestaurant.ky/

I MUCH prefer Guy's

PLEASE stay out of Marg'ville ....... UGH

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/12/2019 at 12:46 PM, maldenmusic said:

Last time we were in Caymans, we did a 3 stop sting ray tour and didn't have tine to do anything else. The line to get back on the tender was way down the street and it moved very slowly that day.

This is my concern.  We are in port from 10-6 according to our itinerary, but never having been to a tendered port I'm reluctant to plan too much.  We are thinking about doing an excursion with Stingray City that would have us back at 3:30 so I just don't know if that leaves us time to check out a beach or bar...