Miami Hotels - Recommends for pre-cruise stay POM

fun2cruise4me

We're sailing in early June (2020 - I plan early).  I've got enough Marriott points to stay at any of those hotels but I'm not tied to it (I can always use the points elsewhere).  Cost is not a major factor.  Our cruise leaves on Saturday.  We may stay 2 nights or just one (we'd arrive mid-afternoon at the hotel on Friday).

We have 4 adult women ranging from age 19 to 76 and will either take 2 rooms or 2 queen beds.  Mobility is an issue.  "Walkable" for us is within one block.

I used to live in LBTS but I never stayed overnight in Miami (or thought to much about where the hotels are) so I'm curious as to what people liked/recommend!

Marriott on Biscayne or the next door Doubletree offer some rooms with port views - a great way to start your cruise.  Quieter than Brickell area, but still local dining and nightlife options nearby.

It's a bit on the 2 star side, but my friend and I stayed at the Red Roof Inn before our cruise, and had no problems. We flew in that afternoon day before the cruise, so we didn't mind that it was a 2 star hotel since we're barely gonna be there. They had a free airport shuttle, port shuttle (for a fee, I believe it was $12pp), and continental breakfast. Wasn't rundown, everything was clean, I'd stay there again.

14 hours ago, fun2cruise4me said:

We're sailing in early June (2020 - I plan early).  I've got enough Marriott points to stay at any of those hotels but I'm not tied to it (I can always use the points elsewhere).  Cost is not a major factor.  Our cruise leaves on Saturday.  We may stay 2 nights or just one (we'd arrive mid-afternoon at the hotel on Friday).

We have 4 adult women ranging from age 19 to 76 and will either take 2 rooms or 2 queen beds.  Mobility is an issue.  "Walkable" for us is within one block.

I used to live in LBTS but I never stayed overnight in Miami (or thought to much about where the hotels are) so I'm curious as to what people liked/recommend!

We love the JW Marriott Marquis.  Booked there again for our November cruise.  Lots of restaurants and shopping near by.  Whole foods is around the corner. It's under 15minutes walking to Biscayne Bay Marketplace for more options.  They offer sightseeing tours by boat, the thriller one is fast and fun but you will get wet. 

2 minutes ago, fun2cruise4me said:

Are there restaurants within one block?  To of my family members can't walk far.  How is their pool area for afternoon relaxing?

Near the JW Marriott Marquis, there are a ton of options ranging from low end fast food type places like subway to high end restaurants within 5-10 minutes walking.  The hotel restaurant is decent as well.  I found the pool area to be quiet.  Sun varies during the day because the hotel is surrounded by other high rises.  The JW also has a great spa on site and offers other amenities like virtual bowling and golf.  There's a billiards room and theatre.  The gym is good.

28 minutes ago, fun2cruise4me said:

Are there restaurants within one block?  To of my family members can't walk far.  How is their pool area for afternoon relaxing?

Yes for the Marriott -Doubletree.  The restaurant/bar in the lobby of the Doubletree offers good Caribbean inspired food.