Lobster in the MDR on Allure of the seas

On 3/3/2019 at 4:10 PM, MrFunInTheSun said:

Lobster in main dining room a couple weeks ago on Symphony.

C0CD2E90-4190-47A4-AA99-8464E3D200C8_zps

is that the FREE lobster on the MDR menu? Mine on the Allure wasn't as big, and there was only one tail on my plate.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

On 4/16/2019 at 8:59 AM, Itchy&Scratchy said:

is that the FREE lobster on the MDR menu? Mine on the Allure wasn't as big, and there was only one tail on my plate.

You have to ask for more than one tail. There's also a beef tenderloin dish that's served that same night that my wife said was good(she doesn't eat seafood). Our waiter said that on the lobster formal night they also offer a "surf & turf"(the lobster and tenderloin) entrees that's not shown on the dinner menu.

On 4/16/2019 at 8:59 AM, Itchy&Scratchy said:

Those are not big either. It's just the angle of the picture that makes them look larger. Notice the melted butter cups on the plate. We were on Allure 3 weeks ago and I got 2 for dinner by asking our waiter. They're your standard 5-6oz tails that you can find in a lot of grocery stores.

47 minutes ago, lowbass said:

You have to ask for more than one tail. 

Thanks! I simply don't care for lobster all that much, and especially for a sub par one. I did get the beef tenderloin, and it was excellent. Just right, juicy, tender, and a nicely sized portion. It was brought out before the lobster. :)

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

You got lucky with the ones in the picture, our lobsters 🦞 this week were taken away from their moms at a very young age based on the size.  But that has seemed to be standard for the last few years.  I think they may have started to go smaller based on people ordering multiple ones.  They got to save the dime,

Lobster used to be on an entree called "The Fisherman's Plate", but my last cruise it simply said "Lobster". It's been pretty good. There is also a whole lobster available for a rather substantial extra charge (I don't remember for sure -- maybe $30 or so), but i've never tried it.  Shrimp cocktail has been available every night and is very good IMO. Last I heard lobster was not available on cruises less than 7 days, but others might know for sure.

Edited by Jimnbigd

• 1 month later...
On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 12:27 AM, Jimnbigd said:

Lobster used to be on an entree called "The Fisherman's Plate", but my last cruise it simply said "Lobster". It's been pretty good. There is also a whole lobster available for a rather substantial extra charge (I don't remember for sure -- maybe $30 or so), but i've never tried it.  Shrimp cocktail has been available every night and is very good IMO. Last I heard lobster was not available on cruises less than 7 days, but others might know for sure.

I have eaten shrimp larger then the free lobster they serve. Also I am not a spiny lobster eater. Give me a cold water lobster anytime as I find the meat more firm.