Pro/Con May Alaska Cruise

chrismakris

17 hours ago, peymas said:

You can add another one.  Carnival Legend May 6.  Juneau is the first port and Ketchikan the last before Victoria.

I guess I wasn't clear--the dates I show are the dates the ships are in Ketchikan, not the day they begin their cruise.

I loved my mid-late May cruises in Alaska.  Of course my ports where only as high up as Skagway, not all the way north to Denali.  I only remember one time there was a small drizzle in Ketchikan and it was very short.  The Mt's were snow capped, but the water falls walls were gorgeous.  The animals were waking up and wandering around to be seen on my tours.  The flowers in the ports were pretty as well.  And I love children but the ship did not have hardly any on board because they were still in school.  It was a nice quiet cruise.  

I am from the mid-west so the temps did not bother me.  I wore a pair of jeans, tshirt and a sweat shirt over it.  I also had a light weight zipper windbreaker handy in my back pack if I needed it. Also you can throw in a small umbrella.  I had water proofed my tennis shoes as well.  Make sure you wear ones that are well worn and broke in, not brand new ones that will give you blisters.  Some passengers from warmer states were buying winter coats in the ports ( cheaper than on the ship ).    

If this is your first cruise to Alaska please add Glacier Bay to your route.  It is beautiful and not to be missed.  Have a wonderful

cruise.

Edited by dustyroad