Booking from pier

Beachfrog

17 minutes ago, Beachfrog said:

My group of travelers cannot decide on whether or not to do a whale watch tour.  Is it possible to book a last minute tour at the pier when we arrive in Juneau?

It's possible but certainly not recommended. Most tours book pretty early and you run the risk of getting shut out. I would press the group to come to a consensus rather than risk disappointment Perhaps someone will share their experience with last minute bookings.

In some cases  the "group"  booking is a poor idea.  I doubt everyone, is undecided??   I'd suggest splitting up.   IF there are people who ARE interested,  why should they "wait"  for anyone else?   Potentially missing out? 

There usually are whale watching tours available for last minute booking.  BUT,  if you have a short port time,  or other touring interests,   this option is going to involve wasted valuable time.   

• Like 1

I'm with BQ on this one - let the folks who are not sure they want to do it decide on impulse! The rest of you, get something booked in advance on the size of boat YOU want to go on. I'm sure that there will be a few seats here and there available last minute, but the group (what size?) may have to split into singletons, pairs, etc. unless you ALL want to go on one of the big 75/150pax boats...

Thank you everyone for your replies!  In my mind I already knew the answer to this question, but I thought I would check with the experts. And I really do not like the boats with “hundreds” of passengers!

Thank for your help!