Tansfers from airport and cruise port

Can anyone who has been to Barcelona suggest a company that will drop us off in front of our hotel on La Rambla?

There are only 2 of us, so a car would be fine. I have e-mailed a few companies and they say that they can't promise this, but they will do their best.

Apparently sometimes they close La Rambla down to traffic at certain times of the day, etc. There is a taxi stop right out front our hotel.

I have bad knees and can't walk far pulling a suitcase. Thus the reason for the drop off AT our hotel. 

Any help would be wonderful! :classic_rolleyes:

There will be a taxi line in front of the airport.   A taxi won't work for you ?

p.s.  I've noticed on tripadvisor that the locals on the Barcelona forum always recommend against using private drivers. No idea why.  But you might want to check out that forum.

Edited by mapleleaves
ps

Yes a taxi would work for us. We just thought we would treat ourselves to a private car. Thank you for your response. I will definately check out that forum before we book anything.

I don't care how we get there really. As long as they can take us right to our hotel.

We took a taxi from the airport to our Hotel Lleo for €30. Very easy and efficient.

The taxi was €20 from the hotel to the cruise port. Upon debarkation it was thirty nine Euro for the port to airport taxi ride. All very easy. Taxis were small but perfect for two people.

If you want a private car, we were in Barcelona in September and had J&G Elegance Cars pick us from BCN and take us to our hotel.   The next day they took us from the hotel to the cruise ship port.   Upon return from the cruise, they picked us up at the cruise ship port and took us back to the airport.    Highly recommended.

http://www.jgelegancecars.co.uk/en/

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone.

And kokopelli-az , I was looking at their website, as I have read a number of great reviews on them. I think this is who we will go with. They are the only ones so far that said they could drop us off at our hotel. But I think we will just take a taxi from the hotel to the cruise port.:classic_rolleyes:

Edited by Moose12345
added more text

I guess I have been traveling too long because this kind of thread causes me to scratch my head.  When we arrive at BCN (2 persons with luggage) we simply get our luggage, walk past the authorities, out the door, and get a taxi in the well organized taxi queue.  We tell the driver where we want to go, he starts the meter..and less then 25 min later we are at the front door of our hotel.  No problems, no fuss, no booking, no obligations.   As far as getting from any hotel to the cruise port, simply have your hotel get you a taxi and you will be at the port in a few minutes.

If you are interested in saving a few Euros there are some other transportation options (such as the Aerobus) but we do find a taxi is more convenient (especially when we have luggage) and very efficient.

Hank

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

We will be in Barcelona in Sep we are arriving by cruise ship, I use a small folding scooter, along with a walker we will have luggage. Can we find a min van in the taxi’s, or do I need to use private transportation. Same to get to airport from our hotel?

22 hours ago, b7440 said:

We will be in Barcelona in Sep we are arriving by cruise ship, I use a small folding scooter, along with a walker we will have luggage. Can we find a min van in the taxi’s, or do I need to use private transportation. Same to get to airport from our hotel?

As mentioned above, we used a private transfer service for our needs.   They picked us up in a mini-van (which is what we had arranged for). 

I don't know how hard it is to find a mini-van taxi to pick you up in you are waiting in line for a taxi, but if it were me, I would:

a.   contact the hotel where you will be staying and ask if they can call an appropriate taxi for your needs, or

b.   prebook a taxi just the size you want.   Google "reserve taxi in Barcelona" or similar for prebooking.   Here is one site to prebook a taxi:   https://www.booktaxibcn.com/

With limited mobility, there is a certain peace of mind knowing that things are somewhat pre-arranged.....