Beach Cabana Rental at Mahogany Bay, Roatan???

Methosage

Has anyone done the Beach Cabana Rental at Mahogany Bay, Roatan? If so would you mind answering a few questions?

1) Did you feel it was worth it?

2) The drinks you can order is that charged to you Sign and Sail card or is that cash?

3) Can you take the chair lift back and forth as much as you want while the ship is in port?

4) Are the inside of the cabanas completely private (from outside eyes)...I guess to be completely direct, can you participate in "adult time" inside the cabanas?

5) are the waters outside the cabanas good for snorkeling? 

Thank you in advance!!!

1) Did you feel it was worth it?  We though so.  We were also able to add people above the 4 indicated.  It was hard to get an answer from Carnival ahead of time, but it was no problem.

2) The drinks you can order is that charged to you Sign and Sail card or is that cash?  Cash

3) Can you take the chair lift back and forth as much as you want while the ship is in port? Yes, you get a wrist band for use of the lift and access to the area the cabanas are located

4) Are the inside of the cabanas completely private (from outside eyes)...I guess to be completely direct, can you participate in "adult time" inside the cabanas? Possible I suppose, you can close the doors, but i do not think they lock from the inside.

5) are the waters outside the cabanas good for snorkeling? Just OK.  You would actually want to walk to the end of the pier at the far left of the beach (facing the water) and snorkel outside the ropes isolating the swimming area.  Not sure how much there was to see there, as we didn't snorkel, but many folks were.

Thank you in advance!!!  You are more than welcome!

• Like 1

1, with free chairs all over the place I would never pay for a cabana.

2, cash bars

3, ride the chair lift all you want, quicker to walk though.

4, dont know

5, there were people snorkling outside the netted area. They rent glass bottom kayaks so there must be something to see.

We rented a cabana last year. Totally worth it! It was great for having a private place to change clothes. It was air conditioned which was great as it was so hot and humid there. You can ride the chair lift as many times as you want with the rental. It came with floaties and a more quiet, private part of the beach. We had waiter service. I think we paid by credit card there but cant remember for sure. There were snacks and drinks that came with the rental also. Just to the left of the beach was a dock people were going to for snorkling. Yes, the cabanas are private enough for adult activities. Just keep the noise down as you will have neighbors!

Edited by Cruisingranny1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruisingranny1 said:

Yes, the cabanas are private enough for adult activities. Just keep the noise down as you will have neighbors!

Edited 1 hour ago by Cruisingranny1

I cannot express enough how much I love the fact that the person to answer this question has a user name of Cruisingranny...you Ma'am are my hero 🙂 

• Like 3

We were among the last to get off the ship (around 10:30am) and they gave us a smoking deal on the 2 story cabana at the end. If we were to return, I would again get off the ship after most, and see if they had any still available for a deal. IMO, not worth full price (we asked after we returned and were told $1500) but we got it for $240, after initial offer of $480 which we turned down immediately. 

Pros: A/C if wanted, cold beer, sodas and waters, cable TV (yes, we had one of those), hammock, beach bed, picnic table (all private), big deck upstairs, attentive wait staff (pay by cc), private beach area, located close to pier for snorkeling and rest rooms, floats included too

Cons: just the beach itself, the ground once you are in the water its either rocky or covered with slimy seaweed,

I see on Carnival that we can buy a package including a clamshell. I am hesitating if it is worth it. The thing that I am most worried about about getting free chairs is the shade. Can I find some without renting a cabana or clamshell?

Thank you

On 3/8/2019 at 7:23 AM, mllekaren said:

I see on Carnival that we can buy a package including a clamshell. I am hesitating if it is worth it. The thing that I am most worried about about getting free chairs is the shade. Can I find some without renting a cabana or clamshell?

Thank you

We did the Carnival package last year and it was ok. As it turned out, we could have found chairs in the shade but the not knowing made it worth it to us. The only thing that bothered me was that when you arrive, they take your Sail and Sign card when you get your clamshell. That bothered me all day for some reason. Also, we bought souvenir cups from the bar there. We left them on our table inside the clamshell when we went out to swim. We noticed a waiter come by and take them but we were too far out in the water to get his attention. We'd paid about $15 each so I went to the bar and explained what happened and they gave me two new ones. They were still full of our drinks when he took them but at least we got our cups. If you have anything you don't want the waiters to take, I suggest you hide it very well.

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 12:46 PM, deedle7544 said:

"they gave us a smoking deal on the 2 story cabana at the end. If we were to return, I would again get off the ship after most, and see if they had any still available for a deal. IMO, not worth full price (we asked after we returned and were told $1500) but we got it for $240, after initial offer of $480 which we turned down immediately". 

We were told that this particular cabana at the end (only 2 story one) is usually reserved for ship captains and their families or if any dignitaries (that would be important people I suppose) were on board a cruise ship - and if it is not being used then they will negotiate with someone who asks - we met the people who were in it last year and they were told it rents for $450 if not reserved by a VIP - they had 6 people in their group -