20 day Crown cruise - same as a B2B?

canadarocks

We're doing a Crown Princess 20-night cruise next year out of Fort Lauderdale, which can also be booked as two 10 night cruises. Will we have to disembark when we return to Fort Lauderdale after the first 10 nights, like on a B2B? Will we be permitted to bring on an additional 2 bottles of wine corkage free - either at the beginning or on the turnaround day?

You will have to disembark or, at least meet with immigration on-board, just like a B2B.

Reports regarding additional wine vary. Most say yes, you can bring the extra two. Whether you can bring 4 at your initial embarkation or have to bring the additional two at the turnaround has varied.

We have done this cruise and yes you have to get off. Those that wanted to stay on board and not get off met in the theater where they then took us off the ship. A customs official looked at our passport. We had to then sit down and wait about 30min. then back on. As to the wine we too had 4 bottles thinking hey bring it all on at once, but where told we could only bring on 2 bottles at the start, would not allow the other 2 (even tried logic, politely asking, then pleading, then begging for mercy so DW would not have the right to say "I TOLD YOU SO")so we/I (came out of my, not hers, trip allowance money)  had to pay the corkage fee for the other 2. So on the turn around after we got 'back on' I was 'volunteered' to get 2 more so I got to go get the car (yes we parked in the terminal) drove to CVS (they carried our bubbly of choice "J") dive back, park the car and then get back on. After you have done the getting off thing with the passport you get to use the crew entrance off to the side, then right back on the ship. Did not even miss lunch. This is pretty much how it has been for the last (2) B2B's we have done out of Fort Lauderdale. I still do not know how I keep finding myself 'volunteering' for the wine run.........old age.....memory fading????

Next cruise she gets to go with me, not doing a B2B but a S2S so we both have to get off and can use that time in between to go get the wine together and move the car to the other terminal building.  

The last three times we did B2B all we had to do was go to the Princess Theater and wait until all "in transit" passengers got there then we were checked back in.  They scan your cruise card when you go into the theater and again as you leave.

16 hours ago, KYBOB said:

As to the wine we too had 4 bottles thinking hey bring it all on at once, but where told we could only bring on 2 bottles at the start, would not allow the other 2 (even tried logic, politely asking, then pleading, then begging for mercy so DW would not have the right to say "I TOLD YOU SO")so we/I (came out of my, not hers, trip allowance money)  had to pay the corkage fee for the other 2. So on the turn around after we got 'back on' I was 'volunteered' to get 2 more so I got to go get the car (yes we parked in the terminal) drove to CVS (they carried our bubbly of choice "J") dive back, park the car and then get back on. After you have done the getting off thing with the passport you get to use the crew entrance off to the side, then right back on the ship. Did not even miss lunch. This is pretty much how it has been for the last (2) B2B's we have done out of Fort Lauderdale. I still do not know how I keep finding myself 'volunteering' for the wine run.........old age.....memory fading????

Since you drove to the port you should have went back to the car to store the extra bottles until you returned the following cruise and not paid the charge.

I often wondered if you could have gotten off the ship & returned with the extra two bottles later that same day? I doubt if they would have remembered which cabin you were in.