Hotel in Miami for September cruise

OCVTSGIRL

We have a RCCL cruise in September out of Miami.  We fly into FLL the day before.  We feel it is better for us to get ourselves to Miami that day so the next day it is a short trip to the ship.  We've booked at Comfort Suites Miami Airport North which says they have a free shuttle to the pier.  Has anybody stayed there and what are your thoughts and opinions?  Our total cost for the 2 of us is $100 which sounds like a good deal if it is a good hotel.

Staying out near the airport will leave you very isolated - okay if you just want a room, but you are missing out on an opportunity for great local dining and nightlife.  September prices should be reasonable - check out Hampton Inn and other hotels in the Mary Brickell area of downtown.

3 hours ago, d9704011 said:

We stayed there about a year ago and thought it was quite good.  We did not get free transportation to the pier (yes for airport shuttle).  The price is great.

Do you remember if there are places around to get something to eat?  As far as free transportation to the pier, it states it on my reservation confirmation that I need to register at the front desk when we check in to reserve our seat on the shuttle.  Maybe its something new.

3 hours ago, JohninDC said:

Staying out near the airport will leave you very isolated - okay if you just want a room, but you are missing out on an opportunity for great local dining and nightlife.  September prices should be reasonable - check out Hampton Inn and other hotels in the Mary Brickell area of downtown.

By the time we get to the hotel it will be dinner time.  We're hoping there is someplace nearby to get something to eat.  We aren't interested in any night life we just need a place to stay the night before the cruise.

4 minutes ago, OCVTSGIRL said:

Do you remember if there are places around to get something to eat?  As far as free transportation to the pier, it states it on my reservation confirmation that I need to register at the front desk when we check in to reserve our seat on the shuttle.  Maybe its something new.

Ah.... I see on their website that they do offer the shuttle to the port; that’s pretty handy!  We just made our way to McDonalds a little further down the road.  It’s a very easy walk. Me, I kind of like Quarter Pounders with cheese and my wife has a soft spot for chicken nuggets!  We caught up on our cuisine while on the ship.

15 hours ago, d9704011 said:

Ah.... I see on their website that they do offer the shuttle to the port; that’s pretty handy!  We just made our way to McDonalds a little further down the road.  It’s a very easy walk. Me, I kind of like Quarter Pounders with cheese and my wife has a soft spot for chicken nuggets!  We caught up on our cuisine while on the ship.

Thanks for your input.  We're okay with McDonalds...we have 3 grandchildren who think McDonald's is gourmet food.  lol  I think we will keep this hotel reservation since the price is good and then we are right there in Miami for our cruise.  Now I have to figure out the best way to get from Ft. Lauderdale to Miami.  🙂