When they pick your room and flights Feb vs March

We are looking to book on the Epic February 16 2020 San Juan and are running into something that is new to me. There are no cabins available in the category but they will still sell us the category. Similar to Sail Away (but NOT Sail Away) and we can still select 2 offers. We have always picked our location so this is really new to me!

Tell me your good bad and ugly experiences please with NCL selecting your cabin!!!! 

AND how much of price difference will we see on flights from Feb Vs March. We could book on the March 8th sailing for less money and pick our cabin but then are we really saving if the flights are more??? SO many decision and things to weigh!!!

47 minutes ago, crazyboutdisney said:

We are looking to book on the Epic February 16 2020 San Juan and are running into something that is new to me. There are no cabins available in the category but they will still sell us the category. Similar to Sail Away (but NOT Sail Away) and we can still select 2 offers. We have always picked our location so this is really new to me!

Tell me your good bad and ugly experiences please with NCL selecting your cabin!!!! 

AND how much of price difference will we see on flights from Feb Vs March. We could book on the March 8th sailing for less money and pick our cabin but then are we really saving if the flights are more??? SO many decision and things to weigh!!!

You will get replies ranging from the crappiest room to the most wonderful surprise upgrade..... each and every assignment is unique and based on many algorithms from trends in inventory to latitude level and everything in between.

Use an airline aggregator such as kayak to help decide airfare...... you didn't mention your originating city so prices will vary widely from Seattle, LA, Montreal, London, Boston to San Juan. 

57 minutes ago, esm54687 said:

You will get replies ranging from the crappiest room to the most wonderful surprise upgrade..... each and every assignment is unique and based on many algorithms from trends in inventory to latitude level and everything in between.

Use an airline aggregator such as kayak to help decide airfare...... you didn't mention your originating city so prices will vary widely from Seattle, LA, Montreal, London, Boston to San Juan. 

Oh sorry. This would be Chicago or St Louis to San Juan. 

53 minutes ago, crazyboutdisney said:

Oh sorry. This would be Chicago or St Louis to San Juan. 

Chicago would have a volume of flights preferred non-stop (American Airlines) to SJU (San Juan).

Travel in February March check the dates for overlapping with Spring Break peak season high fares.

In this market book several months in advance last minute booking expect to pay even higher fares.

This being at a time of winter weather discontent plan to arrive at least one day before the cruise sailing !

You should be able to book an inside ocean view obstructed view cabin with upgrade bidding potential

for a balcony or mini-suite - keep checking back for developments - possible a group booking or a TA
block on cabins is going on right now - call NCL for an upfront answer if cabins are available ?

St. Louis may have a flight but more in likely it will be a connection via Miami Charlotte or Atlanta.

Of US carriers American is the king-pin in this market - for lower fares you are going to have to

use a carrier that makes a connection (plane change ?) in getting to SJU.

Plenty of time to work out the best plans for this cruise - try to wrap it up in the next 90 days or so -

watch the NCL website for deals promos perks packages etc.

If the NCL EPIC continues to give you problems consider another cruise ship (line) and moving your dates.

13 hours ago, crazyboutdisney said:

I doubt that you will see much difference in air fare to SJU.  Fares should be published within the next 30 days. This gives you the option to book both cruises and then cancel the one you don't really want.