Room Selection on Seaside

blueeyes_two1

I have been getting so mush information from all the forums - THANK YOU!!

So we booked for July 19' on the MSC Seaside.  We reserved a Balcony Suite, room# 10068 with the Fantastica experience.

I was hoping for a larger room.  But now as I am doing more research I am wondering if  should I have saved my money and just booked the balcony room with the fantastica experience?

Are there any other benefits to booking a BALCONY SUITE besides a little bit larger room, and a little bit larger balcony?

And if you have stayed in one of the these rooms what was your experience like?

A Big thank you in advance for all your help. 

I don't think you will really get much use from the small corner of extra space in those angled Fantastica suites.  Also the deck plan incorrectly shows the balcony divider, it is actually perpendicular to the angled wall which gives the Aurea suite more space and actually makes the Fantastica suite's balcony feel smaller than a regular Fantastica balcony's balcony.  I do know you get no drink package with the Fantastica suite and I'm pretty sure you also don't get the other normal suite perks like priority check in, My Choice dining or thermal spa access.  Personally I think those cabins should be less expensive than Fantastica balconies.  9002 and 9003 are exceptions to this.

I would save my money and book a Bella balcony 2 doors back. The balcony will be slightly smaller but you will not have as much wind. I see no benefit of Fantastica except free room service breakfast and possible choice of dining time. Evening room cleaning is nice but not important. 

On Seaside there currently really isn't much difference between a Bella balcony and a Fantastica balcony.  The main difference now is location, with the Bellas on lower decks near the lifeboats and promenade, the higher ones are forward of aft and have semi-enclosed hull type balconies.  Fantastica also gets the room service delivery fee of $3.95 waived and gets higher priority iin choice of dining time, both may not be of much value to people.  It used to be Fantastica got a basic drinks packag and Bella got nothing.  But now on most of the US based Carribean sailings, the majority that qualify for the "All In"  promotion rate, both Bella and Fantastica get the same basic Easy package.  Additionally it is interesting that Aurea levels used to get a better package, but now also get the same Easy package and unfortunately the prices have not decreased accordingly.

Only you can determine if you want to upgrade to a more inclusive drinks package, personally I don't think they have the same value as they did before the package & price changes.

14002 is a Grand suite that is not so grand.  It is much smaller than the other Grand suites, yet you pay the same price.  I'm pretty sure it doesn't have a separate bedroom from the living area, and can only sleep two people.  Other Grand suites have two bedrooms and two bathrooms, sleep five or six and cost the same, ridiculous.  It has a very small balcony facing the side, not forward like the center Grand suites.  It has a large overhang from the bridge and there is a support column going right in front of the balcony. 

ETA: Be careful looking at videos as most will be showing the two bedroom variety or sometimes the ones on lower decks with a separate single bedroom, the ones on deck 14 sides are much smaller - actually the smallest.

Edited by Até

Seaside also has Bella balconies on deck 11 forward and aft, and decks 12 through 14 forward.  All are either partially restricted by the ship's design elements or cove/hull/metal enclosed or whatever you want to call them balconies.  Deck 10 Bella are in the best location and I see little reason to go Fantastica over them.  There are also some good ones on deck 9, but you need to be aware of what is outside on the promenade and inside the ship below you, e.g. Sports Bar with bowling alley and outside the News Cafe on the promenade is a major smoking area.

10 hours ago, PhotoFlo said:

We have a balcony on 15 (15121), which is under the buffet area.  Should we be concerned about noise from above? 

On Seaside?  15121 looks to me like it's right under the service areas between Butcher's Cut and the very front of Biscayne Bay buffet.  Luckily I'd say slightly more under the Butcher's Cut.  You won't hear tables or chairs moving.  That is where the restaurant servers and buffet table cleaners bring dishes in and out of the dish washing area.  It has a hard floor so you might hear people walking back and forth.  I would expect little traffic up there after 11pm, but not sure how early they might start using that area just aft of 15121 for the buffet.  Cabins under areas like this are always a gamble, if you are a light sleeper I would avoid it just to be safe.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2019 at 2:11 PM, blueeyes_two1 said:

what about suite 14002?? has anyone ever stayed in this suite? its all the ways at the front.  Any photos?

Just got off Saturday. Stayed in 14003, the other side. Extra space in room was by front door. Balcony was, well look at pictures. Every day I flip back and forth as to if I liked it or not. I did love the bridge right above providing plenty of shade. We didnt have to squint to look out and the sun never messed with my camera.20190323_143943.thumb.jpg.dd4a200d32e166f252c2515232a11356.jpg20190323_143952.thumb.jpg.1c6545e6ffca580a3a20ab97e0eb27b8.jpg

20190323_142624.jpg

20190327_112814.jpg

20190329_205552.jpg

20190329_205701.jpg

• Like 2

On 4/1/2019 at 6:47 PM, jadmiral said:

Just got off Saturday. Stayed in 14003, the other side. Extra space in room was by front door. Balcony was, well look at pictures. Every day I flip back and forth as to if I liked it or not. I did love the bridge right above providing plenty of shade. We didnt have to squint to look out and the sun never messed with my camera.20190323_143943.thumb.jpg.dd4a200d32e166f252c2515232a11356.jpg20190323_143952.thumb.jpg.1c6545e6ffca580a3a20ab97e0eb27b8.jpg

20190323_142624.jpg

20190327_112814.jpg

20190329_205552.jpg

20190329_205701.jpg

Hey thanks so much for the photos.  looks like a really large suite!! - any othere tips tha atyou can share with us about your trip? we travel in July - what excursions did you book?

1 hour ago, blueeyes_two1 said:

Hey thanks so much for the photos.  looks like a really large suite!! - any othere tips tha atyou can share with us about your trip? we travel in July - what excursions did you book?

Konoko falls in Jamaica. Awesome lookout down onto ship. Beach was nice too.

Great dock by downtown Cozumel. Walked to bar with swings then back to ship.

Don't miss the shows, and definitely experience the Thermal Spa for a day, at least.

DSC00169.JPG

DSC00170.JPG

20190327_111441_001.jpg