Embarkation/Disembarkation for Infinity

lorimay

I haven't cruised Celebrity in a few years and wondered if the embarkation process has changed like it has on RCCL.  We went on the Mariner last week from Miami and there was no line and no counter for check-in, you just went up to an employee standing next to the rope and showed your SetSail Pass (like the Celebrity Xpress) on your phone and they took your picture.  That was it.  For disembarkation they did facial recognition so it was also very easy.

Will the terminal for Infinity in Fort Lauderdale be the same process?  The Celebrity app isn't supported for the Infinity but I did finish online check-in and can see my Xpress passes on the website.  Will there be waiting in line at a counter?  Just wondering how much time we will need for check-in.  Also, we're Select.  Is there a special line?  Thanks so much for any information!

I think the answer to this may depend on which terminal Infinity is using. Terminal 25, which is the new terminal built for Edge, has some different check in procedures. Up til now, I have only embarked from there when in a suite. There is a totally different section for those passengers.

Since  none of the other terminals have been redone, I would guess that the procedure hasn’t  changed drastically.  When we were on RCCL last fall, we uploaded the picture, but still had to go to the counter to get our cruise card.

I am boarding Infinity this Saturday, at terminal 25. I am not in a suite, so will have a chance to experience how those passengers are processed.

I am sure others can speak from first hand experience about this. 

2 hours ago, Cruising to Retirement said:

We are sailing on 3/21--- interested also... Thanks for any info. 

Log on and let us know how it goes.   There was an article in the press that RCL has implemented expedited embarkation on about 6 of their ships.

It will be about the same as you remember it to be.  Neither Celebrity or RCI require you to show at a certain time.  When you get there, you get in line (if there is a line) and check in...just like you used to do.