oranjestad questions

help04me

i will be on the navigator of the seas stopping at aruba april second from   8 am to 1159 pm.  i am looking at abc tours for an 9.5 hour tour starting at 830. we do not want to missing  shopping .  does any know what time the shops closes . i am also looking for an interactive map to get around and still hit my 6pm reservation at barefoot restuarant Any help would be great   thanks in advance 

The majority of "shops" might be closed by the time you get back....not a huge issue, because there is little in Aruba that can't be bought online nowadays.  I don't know where your excursion ends in relation to your dinner reservation....you can google that, tho!  Lots of online maps!

1 minute ago, cb at sea said:

The majority of "shops" might be closed by the time you get back....not a huge issue, because there is little in Aruba that can't be bought online nowadays.  I don't know where your excursion ends in relation to your dinner reservation....you can google that, tho!  Lots of online maps!

thanks i will try google map

It sounds like you are planning a 9 1/2 hour tour with ABC, and then plan to make a 6pm reservation at Barefoot.  I assume that is an island tour,  probably going to the natural pool. That side of the island is usually dry and dusty. You will probably be hot, tired, and dirty when you return, and will need to take a shower and change before dinner. If you are going to take a taxi, it will probably take 15 minutes or so to get there because there might be a wait for a taxi, and traffic downtown is terrible. The shops downtown close at 6 pm.

I just wanted to add that it won't be possible to make a 6:00 reservation if you do a 9 1/2 hour tour.  Your tour won't return to the ship until 6:00, and that's if it's on time.  Aruba has tons of road construction going on right now, and it is next to impossible to navigate through it and get anywhere on time. When we were there last month, traffic was at a stand still downtown.  The taxi driver tried some shortcuts, but so did tons of other people. We finally paid him and got out and walked the rest of the way. Have you looked to see if they have a 1/2 day tour? You would still get to see a lot of the island and have time to shop and go to dinner. 

Edited by Hatteras51

thanks for your advise  hatteras 51   . i just booked  a 4.5 hr island tour with abc  that does in fact include  natural pool . that gives us a chance to shop . the wife always likes to collect those alex and ani bracelets  that are unique to the port we visiting. so this give us time to get cleaned up , shop and still make it to dinner for our sunset dinner at barefoots .  AND most importantly not be too tired to enjoy the port   .  great advise  thanks again

45 minutes ago, help04me said:

thanks for your advise  hatteras 51   . i just booked  a 4.5 hr island tour with abc  that does in fact include  natural pool . that gives us a chance to shop . the wife always likes to collect those alex and ani bracelets  that are unique to the port we visiting. so this give us time to get cleaned up , shop and still make it to dinner for our sunset dinner at barefoots .  AND most importantly not be too tired to enjoy the port   .  great advise  thanks again

You're welcome.  Have a great cruise!

On 3/15/2019 at 4:21 PM, help04me said:

Please report back on your dinner!, we going on a tour in the morning then planning going to Barefoot for dinner as well.  Have a great time:)