Essential Package

sailco

As an Azamara newbie I've only just discovered the Experience More Packages, specifically the Essential Package. It looks like exceptional value but I have a couple of questions for Azamara vets, Host Grandma, Bonnie, or all of you. I have read the tips for newbies thread but I don't recall seeing any reference to the packages.

1. The price quoted seems to be per cabin because it says premium beverage package for two. Is this correct?

2. Is the price I can see for my cruise or does it increase somehow for number of days cruising?

3. We have some free internet because of our past celebrity cruises. Can one of us keep that? It would suit my husband who is a light user and I can log onto the unlimited.

4. I found an old thread explaining the various ways to use the shore ex credit both pre and on the cruise. Does this still hold?

5. The premium beverage package doesn't mention wine. Does it remain the same as the complimentary wines?

6. It seems slightly too good to be true .......

Thanks in advance.

Susan

Edited by sailco

6 minutes ago, sailco said:

As an Azamara newbie I've only just discovered the Experience More Packages, specifically the Essential Package. It looks like exceptional value but I have a couple of questions for Azamara vets, Host Grandma, Bonnie, or all of you. I have read the tips for newbies thread but I don't recall seeing any reference to the packages.

1. The price quoted seems to be per cabin because it says premium beverage package for two. Is this correct?

2. Is the price I can see for my cruise or does it increase somehow for number of days cruising?

3. We have some free internet because of our past celebrity cruises. Can one of us keep that? It would suit my husband who is a light user and I can log onto the unlimited.

4. I found an old thread explaining the various ways to use the shore ex credit both pre and on the cruise. Does this still hold?

4. It seems slightly too good to be true .......

Thanks in advance.

Susan

The price quoted is per cabin

The price doesn’t change

You keep any internet minutes you both have from elsewhere 

You can now use the excursions OBC via your voyage planner as soon as you book the package or can wait until onboard (it’s probably better to use before if you can

yes it’s a good bundle to enjoy if it fits your needs 

I agree with uktog. It’s really good value on cruises over a couple of weeks as long as you would have bought the WiFi package anyway and want to buy ship’s excursions.

We bought it for our 17 day Norway cruise in July. For our $600 in total we got $300 excursion OBC (which we have already used to book tours) and a WiFi Package worth $339 as well as the premium drinks package for us both. That means we’re $39 ahead and the drinks package is effectively free.  We wouldn’t have bothered buying a drinks package as we are happy with the included drinks, but we will enjoy the upgraded spirits (although I’m happy to drink Gordon’s gin, I do like Bombay Sapphire)

There are no wines with the premium drinks package so you will drink the included wines unless you choose to buy other bottles. We’ve always been happy with the included wines.

17 minutes ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

I agree with uktog. It’s really good value on cruises over a couple of weeks as long as you would have bought the WiFi package anyway and want to buy ship’s excursions.

We bought it for our 17 day Norway cruise in July. For our $600 in total we got $300 excursion OBC (which we have already used to book tours) and a WiFi Package worth $339 as well as the premium drinks package for us both. That means we’re $39 ahead and the drinks package is effectively free.  We wouldn’t have bothered buying a drinks package as we are happy with the included drinks, but we will enjoy the upgraded spirits (although I’m happy to drink Gordon’s gin, I do like Bombay Sapphire)

There are no wines with the premium drinks package so you will drink the included wines unless you choose to buy other bottles. We’ve always been happy with the included wines.

So for our 24 night cruise we can't possibly go wrong?

Many thanks.

Susan

2 hours ago, Mrs Skip said:

I THINK you can only pay with OBC once you're aboard, but you can pay by credit card in advance of boarding.

Correct.

If using OBC it’s very easy, Head to guest relations after boarding and they can set it all up straight away.  Otherwise use your credit card beforehand.