Switching keys to room

cruiserjt

We are a family of five sailing in 33 days (but who is counting) on the Celebrity Equinox. We were required to book my husband in one room with two kids and my daughter and I in the adjacent room.  Obviously - we will be rearranging for sleeping arrangements. When do we make this change in order to get my husband his own room key and my daughter one for the kids room?   I have read on this forum that they will give you an additional blank room key - that would necessitate carrying around both. Is there an option to actually re-issue the sign and sail card to the different room?  I assume the only place that this can happen is at guest services and not at check in. 

Can anyone verify the process?

Teri

We were on a cruise with our under 21-year olds in November.  As long as you are in connecting/adjacent rooms, you can get the key cards changed once you are on board - no need to carry two cards. 

Although I have done this in the past with no trouble, they gave us a little bit of a hassle on the November cruise, but finally worked out.

52 minutes ago, cruiserjt said:

We are a family of five sailing in 33 days (but who is counting) on the Celebrity Equinox. We were required to book my husband in one room with two kids and my daughter and I in the adjacent room.  Obviously - we will be rearranging for sleeping arrangements. When do we make this change in order to get my husband his own room key and my daughter one for the kids room?   I have read on this forum that they will give you an additional blank room key - that would necessitate carrying around both. Is there an option to actually re-issue the sign and sail card to the different room?  I assume the only place that this can happen is at guest services and not at check in. 

Teri

Ask at check in. If they can't do it then--go to guest services. We have had no issues before--having young kids in an interior and us across the hall on a bal. We also had a key to their room as the parents...

Also let the steward know--they are great about keeping an eye out. 

Once while trying to figure out where our youngster was--DH was on the tv looking at charges--and at that moment up popped a charge from the game room-- AH-HA spotted! Our child had lost track of time to dress for dinner 😉 

Happy sailing

Thank you for the information - I am glad to know we can actually switch and VERY glad to know that I can get an extra key to their room!  Now should I let them have an extra key to my room?   Hmmmmmmm

Teri

2 hours ago, cruiserjt said:

Teri

The bigger question is who told you the kids had to be in the same room as one of parents.  That has not been Celebrity’s written policy for many years as long as the kids are in an adjacent room and they consider across the hall adjacent. We did it years ago and our kids are in their 30s. There is a paragraph in the FAQs which explains this, I am having trouble with copy paste. I will try and find another computer to do it with.

Booking an adult in each room - I think it is the path of least resistance for the travel agent - each booking is done separately and I am guessing this is less complicated.  I have been with the same travel agent for years and if this is the biggest problem I have - I consider myself lucky!  It is the first time that we have not had connecting rooms which in the past just kept open and therefore could enter on either side.

Teri

3 minutes ago, cruiserjt said:

Booking an adult in each room - I think it is the path of least resistance for the travel agent - each booking is done separately and I am guessing this is less complicated.  I have been with the same travel agent for years and if this is the biggest problem I have - I consider myself lucky!  It is the first time that we have not had connecting rooms which in the past just kept open and therefore could enter on either side.

Teri

As long as your happy, that’s the important thing, at least you can use the info in the future. 

Another tip, keep the kids sign and sail cards, when they turn 18 they can join Captains Club and get credit for past cruised.