One week pre-cruise in Puerto Rico.

sft429

We're going to stay for a week before B2Bs on the Summit in Feb 2020.  We've done this before and stayed in a VRBO ground floor condo on Isla Verde beach which we enjoyed a lot.  We're thinking about wandering a bit farther from San Juan this time (the whole island is in play) and hoping for suggestions on a nice area to stay with a good sandy beach and gentle, warm water.  Thanks

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sft429 said:

We're going to stay for a week before B2Bs on the Summit in Feb 2020.  We've done this before and stayed in a VRBO ground floor condo on Isla Verde beach which we enjoyed a lot.  We're thinking about wandering a bit farther from San Juan this time (the whole island is in play) and hoping for suggestions on a nice area to stay with a good sandy beach and gentle, warm water.  Thanks

I am cruising with one of my girlfriends in February also and was wondering if it is safe in Isla Verde for two women to stay over night?

25 minutes ago, Ragdollbd said:

I am cruising with one of my girlfriends in February also and was wondering if it is safe in Isla Verde for two women to stay over night?

I sure don't worry about our safety there.  After dark we pretty much stick to Avenida Isla Verde (the main road).

A week is a lot of time to really explore Puerto Rico, and I'd suggest reading through the tourist books- http://quepasa.pr/

Lots of fun driving, for sure.  BTW, once you get out of metro San Juan, the traffic isn't bad.  Odd that many slow drivers drive in the left lane, so one must weave a lot.  But other than that, not bad.  Plan to go to the west coast, for sure- where the surf if pretty regular for fun.  And the rain forest.  And the caves.  And the radio observatory.  And the pork highway.  And parts of the Ruta Panormamica.  Way more than beaches to see in Puerto Rico.

Back in 2016, we spent 3 days pre cruise in culebra. We flew a jumper plane over. This was one of the most beautiful islands. Great beaches, restaurants,... I just loved it. I highly recommend doing this pre cruise.  On our way back we flew in a jumper to ceiba then rented a car and drove to el yungue, then dropped the car off and went to our cruise. One of my favorite trips...