Carnival Magic irons in self laundry

bria_68

I'm an early riser, so that's when I use the iron (for formal night shirt & pants). First thing in the AM, first day out of port. There's never been a wait....although once, I had to go to a different floor. They do seem pretty busy at other times, particularly on elegant days.

• Like 2

Do it early and you should be good. The laundry rooms I've been in only have 1 iron...and if you wait until late afternoon on elegant day I've seen a line out into the hallway to use it. There is also an "ironing room" which I believe was deck 8 mid on the Dream. That one had two irons in it. 

• Like 1

Sorry to go off on a tangent, but when I read the thread title, all I could think of was irons floating through the air, while your laundry places itself on the ironing board gently, and the iron goes to work guided by invisible hands, along the lines of Mickey as the Sorcerer's Apprentice and the mops..."magic irons".

Anyway, when I have used the irons, I have usually been the only person in the self-serve laundrettes.  But I usually iron early in the day, to make sure I have my shirt/whatever ready and not panic at the last minute.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, bria_68 said:

Hello.  I read that there are irons in the self laundry facilities.  Is it hard to get a hold of one - are they readily available or will I have to wait to use one?  

Hi Bria ☺️

On Magic, in each ironing room on decks 1, 6, 8 and 9, they have two ironing boards & two irons available to use. I'll drop the info below for you.

a0f3df1e-14a1-4037-8b91-0402542cd694-ori

🌴

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mmb3124 said:

I'm an early riser, so that's when I use the iron (for formal night shirt & pants). First thing in the AM, first day out of port. There's never been a wait....although once, I had to go to a different floor. They do seem pretty busy at other times, particularly on elegant days.

6 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Sorry to go off on a tangent, but when I read the thread title, all I could think of was irons floating through the air, while your laundry places itself on the ironing board gently, and the iron goes to work guided by invisible hands, along the lines of Mickey as the Sorcerer's Apprentice and the mops..."magic irons".

Anyway, when I have used the irons, I have usually been the only person in the self-serve laundrettes.  But I usually iron early in the day, to make sure I have my shirt/whatever ready and not panic at the last minute.

6 hours ago, PortSideCruzan said:

Hi Bria ☺️

On Magic, in each ironing room on decks 1, 6, 8 and 9, they have two ironing boards & two irons available to use. I'll drop the info below for you.

🌴

9 hours ago, PortSideCruzan said:

Hi Bria ☺️

🌴

Thank you for this info. Although I have never done laundry on a cruise, I have a B2B planned for April 2020, after driving over a week to get to port, so I think I will need to do laundry at some point, at least before the second leg of cruise, which will be 8 days long. I am on deck 8, so it looks like I’ll have to go down to deck 7 to do laundry.